24

Donghyuck sighed with contentment and snuggled closer to the warm body next to him. It was probably around two in the morning and he was worn out.

His whole body ached, even parts he didn't know could ache. Despite the slight discomfort, Donghyuck was happy and he wouldn't have it any other way.

'Well, I would change the fact that I have school in five hours.'

He nuzzled his nose into the crook of Mark's neck and squeezed him tighter, "Mark, can we skip school?"

He felt Mark's silent laugh before the older spoke.

"You're such a brat. I do work, you know. It's bad enough that I'm sleeping with a student, missing work unless I'm deathly ill is out of the question"

Donghyuck grumbled much to Mark's amusement apparently. They had been like this the whole night.

Just cuddling, occasionally making out which led to other things, and enjoying each other's company. It was something Donghyuck hoped would happen every night, though he knew realistically that things wouldn't be happy all of the time.  

So he was soaking up every little second, every little movement, every sigh, laugh, and yawn.

He was memorizing the feel of Mark's body against his and how smooth his skin was. Donghyuck wanted to memorize every little detail and lock it away for days when he couldn't enjoy this to the fullest.  

"Hey, Mark"

"Hm?"

"How do you afford all of this on a school nurse's salary?"

It was a question that had been on the back of Donghyuck's mind for a while. He just never found the right time to ask after Mark shot him down the first time. It still might not be the right time, but he was half-asleep and curious.

A little bit of shuffling and Mark was facing him with a raised brow, "What's this all of the sudden?"

Donghyuck readjusted his hold on the man and shrugged as best as he could while laying on his side.

"I was just curious. You don't have to answer, if you don't want to"

Mark closed his eyes and after a few minutes Donghyuck could have sworn that he fell asleep, but it wasn't long before Mark was speaking.

"You already know that I'm Canadian, right?"

"Yeah, but what does that-"

Mark gave him a stern look that made him stop speaking midsentence,

"My mom was a model and my dad was some big shot executive for a fashion company in Canada. That's how they met. They got married and a couple of years after had me. I only spent the first few years of my life there before my dad got this big job offer here in the States and made us all move. They were constantly busy, but they tried their hardest to spend time with me. Anyway, as you can imagine, they racked up quite a bit of money.  My mom got cancer about 3 years ago and the doctors said that she had about a year left"

He took in a deep breath before continuing, "Six months in and her health deteriorated. Then one night she was just gone. My dad didn't last long afterwards. Both of them left everything they had to me. Before they passed, I was working at a hospital as a doctor, so I had a good income to begin with. After they were both gone, I decided to take time off from the real world. I travelled a lot. When I got back, Johnny was offering me a job at the school. I had nothing better to do, so now we're here"

Donghyuck was silent for a few minutes, digesting the information overload that Mark had just presented him.

It was the most Mark had said about himself in the span of a couple of minutes and it answered a lot of Donghyuck's questions.