19

"What is that?"

Donghyuck fidgeted as he held out a heart-shaped box to the obviously perturbed Mark.

He hadn't expected this kind of reaction from Mark and it made his cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

Donghyuck spoke quietly while averting his eyes, "It's a box of chocolates. You do know what day it is, right?"

He peered at Mark long enough to see the older glance at the box as if it had suddenly become some kind of alien.

Donghyuck wasn't sure why Mark was reacting like this, but it was making Donghyuck second guess himself and he didn't like the feeling.

Mark finally spoke up,

"Let me guess. It's Valentine's Day, right?  I didn't realize the date"

Donghyuck looked at Mark, relieved that he didn't have to be the one to say it. The nurse still sported a frown and Donghyuck frowned in return,

"You don't like Valentine's Day? I didn't know. I'm sorry. You don't have to accept the chocolates if you don't want to"

Donghyuck almost yelped as the box was snatched out of his hands and he watched as Mark opened it and took out a chocolate.

"I didn't say I didn't like it. I was just caught off guard and I don't have anything for you right now, sorry"

"It's okay. You don't have to get me anything. It's not like I have a lot of money to get you things besides chocolate"

Mark set the box down on his desk after popping the piece of chocolate in his mouth and eating it. Donghyuck waited as he watched Mark chew the chocolate and swallow.

"How is it? Is it okay?" Donghyuck began to fidget again, because he wasn't sure if Mark even liked chocolate like he did.

Instead of answering him, Mark walked up to him and motioned with his finger for Donghyuck to come closer.

Donghyuck inched closer, wary of what Mark might do because he couldn't read the older's face at all. "What's wrong?"

Mark kept motioning with his finger and Donghyuck could tell he was starting to get annoyed for whatever reason.

Before Donghyuck could open his mouth to ask the question again, Mark grabbed him by the front of his shirt and pulled him into a kiss.

Donghyuck had no time to react before he felt Mark's impatient lips against his. The heat of it made Donghyuck's body tingle and it took all of his willpower to not let it go to a certain part of his body.

He gasped as he felt a tongue slide along his bottom lip, which Mark took the opportunity to swipe it along Donghyuck's. Donghyuck recovered quickly and reveled in the trace of chocolate that was on Mark's tongue.

It was sweet and salty at the same time and Donghyuck could only guess that it was one of the chocolates that had nuts in it. Mark's hand had travelled up his chest and was grasping the back of his neck tightly as he deepened the kiss.

Much to Donghyuck's disappointment, Mark broke it off and stepped back. Both of them were panting and Donghyuck took pride in the flustered expression Mark was showing him. He loved the fact that Mark's lips looked red and swollen because of him.

"You tell me"

Donghyuck wasn't quite sure what Mark was saying and it must've shown on his face, because Mark rolled his eyes and put a hand on his hip,

"You asked if the chocolate was okay. So you tell me"

Donghyuck had to stop himself from smacking his palm against his forehead. He had completely forgotten why the kiss had even happened, he was just relishing in the fact that Mark initiated a kiss on school grounds.

"U-um. I think it was pretty good"

The smirk on Mark's face made him blush, but he swallowed the embarrassment and asked,

"So, can I come over tonight?"

The brat is bold to say the least. Mark wasn't sure where Donghyuck got that confidence all of the sudden, but it was refreshing.

He waited a couple of minutes to reply just to make the boy a little uneasy. He spoke up right when Donghyuck began to open his mouth,

"I don't know. I don't know if I can trust you to control yourself"

Mark restrained himself from smirking as he watched Donghyuck get flustered and start sputtering denials and reassurances that he knew how to control himself.

'Serves him right for throwing me off. He could have given me a heads up this morning. He could have said, "Happy Valentine's Day" in his text this morning, but no. This brat had the nerve to just show up here with a box of chocolates and looking all cute and shit. Playing fair is no longer in the equation'

"Come here after sixth period. Depending on my mood at the end of the day, I might just let you come over"

Mark chuckled as he watched Donghyuck pout. The warning bell rang for the beginning of the day and Mark all but pushed Donghyuck out of the nurse's office.

"Get your cute ass out of here and don't even think about skipping class today"

He heard Donghyuck whine as he shut the door and couldn't help but shake his head in amusement. He couldn't believe how mature the boy could be at times yet still act like a five year old when he didn't get his way.

~

By the end of sixth period, Donghyuck was basically bouncing in his seat. He watched as the seconds ticked by on the clock above the door and as soon as the bell rang, he all but ran out of the classroom.

When he finally reached the nurse's office, Mark was already waiting for him. The older was leaning against the door, examining his nails and looking like he had been waiting the whole day for Donghyuck to arrive.

"Hey" Donghyuck stopped beside him and gave him a lopsided grin.

"You ready to go?"

Donghyuck tried not to bounce in place and look like an eager puppy, "So I can come over? By the way, where are the chocolates?"

Mark rolled his eyes at Donghyuck for the second time today and put his hands on his hips,

"No, I'm just going to drop you off at home and completely ignore the fact that it's Valentine's Day. And I ate them all"

Donghyuck's eyes widened and his jaw slackened before he snapped his mouth closed and squinted at Mark.

"You ate them all? All 20 pieces of chocolate in one day?"

Donghyuck could have swore that if Mark rolled his eyes one more time they would roll right out of his head.

"Yeah. So what?"

Donghyuck muffled a laugh with his hand and shook his head in disbelief,

"You're going to get a stomachache later and don't you dare blame me for it"

Mark glared at him and turned on his heel to start off towards the parking lot, "If you don't keep up, you're not coming at all"

Donghyuck had to stop his snicker at Mark's comment, because his mind went straight to the gutter.

Mark obviously knew what went through Donghyuck's mind, because he waved his hand as if to say he was just going to leave Donghyuck there to be a little kid.

Donghyuck whined and jogged to keep up with Mark's brisk pace.