CHAPTER 33: "His Money is Your Money so it Really Doesn't Matter."

Samaara

"It smells good in here." Ahan's voice interrupts me from my focus on the pasta and I turn to look at him as he grabs a seat around the kitchen counter, simply watching me. I notice as he smoothly rakes his fingers through his wet hair. He was freshly changed into a blue pair of sweatpants and a hoodie and this was the second time I was seeing him in something other than his usual formal wear. It was actually refreshing to see.

Gosh, he still managed to look as attractively dashing in this hoodie as he did in a blazer. It was as if he tried really hard to look good but I knew for a fact, that he didn't. And that wasn't fair.

Seeing that he was patiently waiting for my answer, I give him a small smile.

"It's nearly done." I say returning back to preparing the food.

"Good, 'cause I'm starving." He replies and his words make me smile. I've never seen him so relaxed and free-going. He's always up-tight and stern when in the company so this was definitely a pleasant surprise. As I notice that the Pasta is heated up enough, I serve it into two plates, taking it over to the kitchen counter where Ahan was seated. He gives me a thankful smile as I hand him a plate and he slides across to make space for me to sit. I take a seat next to him, although maintaining some distance. We quietly eat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before he turns to look at me, immediately grabbing my attention.

"Can't lie Samaara, that was one of the best meals I've had in the last few weeks." He says, making me smile.

"Thank you, I'm glad you'd liked it." He gives me a nod before getting back to his plate. I loved this comfort and easiness that was there between us.

I decide I should also say something to him in order to cut this silence, although it was still so pleasant. "Uh, so, I figure you're not a person who likes to cook?" I ask, trying to initiate a conversation. If we were going to stay with each other for sometime then it's better that we're comfortable talking to each other, just like before we were married. He gives me a quick glance before shaking his head, chuckling lightly.

"Definitely not," He answers making me smile. "But I'd like to learn sometime." He adds, his gaze peering directly at me. And I'm taken aback for a few seconds. I shake away my thoughts before I look like a fool and give him a smile.

"I don't mind, I can show you next time I cook." He gives me a thankful nod before the ringing of his phone interrupts our conversation. He gives it a quick glance before looking back at me.

"I have to take this, it's Mom." He quickly says, placing his plate back on the counter before walking back to his bedroom, phone next to his ear.

I don't know why, but I'm starting to enjoy Ahan's company. I like being with him and he makes me feel comfortable, the most important thing. So, I don't think our stay together would be that bad as long as we are going to stay married for.

I continue to eat as I patiently wait for Ahan to get back. He walks out after a few minutes, making his way closer to me. I alter my gaze up at him as his eyes shift down to me.

"So," He begins to speak but for some reason lets out a frustrated sigh before shaking his head, his eyes still fixed onto me. "Mom's arranged this party for us," he informs and I look at him in confusion. Noticing my confusion, he begins speaking again. "She's saying that since we didn't have a proper wedding, we can at least have a proper wedding party. It's tomorrow and I couldn't deny her." He shakes his head in annoyance. I look down for a few seconds, not knowing what to say. He thinks that I would mind having this party. I wouldn't if that's what his Mom wants but I know for a fact, that if I had a choice, I'd rather choose not to have it. It would just make that comfort that we just shared more difficult and awkward.