CHAPTER 6: "Do you remember Samaara?"

New York, five O'clock in the morning: 8th January 2018

Samaara Varma

I don't know why but the feeling of stepping into another city feels new yet it still feels like I'm at home. It feels as if I won't really be alone here but the reason for that is unknown. May be it is known. Of course it is - I feel homely just because I have Ira up here who I can now have as my backbone, whom I can meet regularly and who will be there to make me feel protected.

Me and Mom landed in New York at around half-past four in the morning and right now it's five O'clock. We just stepped out of the airport a few minutes ago and now we're proceeding our way to the 'Clemency' - the hospital in which Mom will be staying at from now on until there is an improvement seen in her health.

Thank God I made all the arrangements for her stay at the hospital from beforehand as I don't think I would have known what to do if I'd had to do it after coming to New York.

(Note: the hospital name is generated and not real at all.)

New York, half-past five in the morning: 8th January 2018

Ira D'Souza

"Okay, okay Mom. My breakfast. Quick. I got to go!" I quickly rushed over to the dining hall and grabbed a seat.

"But where are you rushing to at this time?" I saw Mom turn around and ask as a warm smile already took over my lips hearing her question.

"Samaara. Do you remember her? Of course you don't," I phased as I noticed her frown.

"Yes I do. Isn't she the friend of yours' from Vancouver? I remember her being really bubbly. But still very quiet in nature, no?" She asked causing me to stifle a quick laugh.

"I didn't say anything funny, Ira." She rolled her eyes at me as I bit my lips together to control my laughter.

"Bubbly? Seriously Mom. Is that all you remember about her?" I paused to take in her reaction but she simply frowned at me.

"Well her bubblyness is way out of the discussion. She hardly shares anything with anyone now. It's like she's changed. She's more a shy and a quiet person now. Let me phrase, really shy." I informed as Mom sighed.

"You know it's probably because of her Dad's death. It happens. Don't worry." She reassured.

"I know. Anyways. I got to go. I'm getting late. I'm getting late Mom." I quickly grabbed an apple from the fruit tray that was placed on the table.

"Yeah but, at least have a proper breakfast first."

"Why are you so in a rush, Ira?" We heard a voice ask which we already identified it to be Nathan's, causing both of us to turn around to see him making his way towards us. I noticed him already ready in his business blazer and jeans and I must say my brother is indeed really good looking. He looked back and forth at both me and Mom before taking his seat around the table.

"Are you going to reply? Where are you going this early?" He asked, again causing me to roll my eyes at him.

"You're already in your arrogant possessive self, aren't you? Even without stepping into office yet." I stated as I watched him stifle a quiet chuckle.

"You love beating around the bushes Ira, don't you? Just answer my question." He snapped causing me to frown.

"Well,"