17: "Don't do anything I would do."

If you havent read the notice before this, I'd recommend you do. Or you'll be very confused in this chapter.

"Essentially," I said, leaning across the table and pointing at the map. "There's a very narrow path along here. If you're waist is above 36 inches you'll get stuck and the complete mission will fail."

"We can only be in the tunnel for 90 minutes at a max," Frazier said, leaning back in his seat. "Not only because its narrow and claustrophobic, but also because of how old it is means theres a restriction in oxygen. By the time 90 minutes is over, we'll want to have taken Xander out of there and be clear of the entire area."

"Theyll know hes missing approximately 45 minutes after he leaves," I continued. "So, all in all, we have 45 minutes to get in, get him out, and then 45 minutes to leave and seal off the tunnel in the end. That way it remains a secret no one knows about."

"If Xander or you or any of your pussy men get stuck there," Frazier said to Xavier, who raised an amused eyebrow. "Tough. Charlie and I will be gone within those 90 minutes. And neither of us will come back."

"Charlotte," Xavier said. I raised an eyebrow. "Cant you just ask your CIA bosses to get my brother out? Avoid all risks?"

"I'm putting not only my job but also my life on the line for this, Xavier," I replied. "If it was as easy as that i would have done it already. Xander is one of the worst, most wanted criminals not just by the Americans but internationally. Italy handed him over to us without any hesitation."

"That's about it," Frazier said. "You can get out of my house now."

"Used to be mine too." Xavier grumbled with a pout, one leg crossed over the other.

"Past tense." Is all frazier replied, then stood in his seat. "Charlie, you remember Mario Russo?"

I nodded instantly. "Of course."

"I found his family. We should pay them a visit."

"Well arent you two cute? Is this your idea of a date?" Xavier cooed. I ignored him while Frazier shot him a glare.

"Didn't I tell you to leave?"

"I know where he would be, Faze," Xavier said. We both swivelled to look at him.

"What?" Frazier said in shock.

"Mario, hes an old friend." Xavier said as if it were nothing big.

I snarled at him. "Do you know what kind of person he is?"

"I know everything, Charlotte," he replied, grinning. I felt a spark of anger. "I would recommend checking the St Joseph church."

"Get out of my house," frazier growled. "Before I throw you out myself."

Xavier raised his hands in surrender and stood, making his way out without any more argument, his three body guards quick to follow.

I sighed and turned back to Frazier. "The church?" I asked. He nodded, still frowning. "Let's go."

● ● ●

I

rolled my eyes and glared down at Frazier.

"You realise I'm more than capable of prepping myself?" I said, raising an eyebrow. He ignored me, still running his hands along different areas of my body, checking for tucked in guns and knives. "I've done it hundreds of times before."

"Who says I'm prepping you?" He muttered, distracted.

I tutted, rolled my eyes and slapped his hands away, fighting away an amused smile.