An offer you can't deny (Ch.6)

It was early morning before classes were to start. However, instead of doing my usual morning routine, instead I was in the principal's office. With both Chancellor Shepard and Doctor Crowler placing a hand over their mouth as they fight back a yawn. They turned back to me with a bit of sleep still in their eyes.

Y/N I had requested this meeting with Chancellor Shepherd. Hoping to get permission to work on this future project... Meaning I needed to ask for some of the school's financial backing or, at the very least, their consent to ship the items.

Chancellor Shepard: "Well, my boy you've got us up and this ungodly hour. The floor is yours."

I fixed my Slifer jacket and nodded.

Y/N: "Chancellor, I'm sure you're aware that not only does your school take the youngest and brightest duellists in the world. Teaching them how to duel and become the greatest duellists. Your school also has a second function, which is to house young men and women who wish to become game designers."

Chancellor: "Yes, we do... We pride ourselves in taking unique individuals as well. So what have you come to ask of me today."

Y/N: "Joining your school as a duellist was only part of my reasoning for entering this school."

The teachers turned to me, and I nod.

Y/N: "See, I have a vision of the future, I hope to leave a mark-"

Crowler: "Yes, yes. We're aware that you want to be the best duellist... We've heard this song and dance before. But you have not defeated either Zane Truesdale or have reached the highest ranking in your grade."

Chancellor Shepard coughs into his hand, catching Crolwer off guard. Making the teacher stand up straight once again and in less of a more angered state.

Chancellor: "Carry on my boy, the floor is yours."

I stood up from my seat with a grin and strolled over to the window, which shows off the landscape of the island and its school.

Y/N: "I have a dream, Chancellor... And it is to revolutionize the way we play duel monsters, which is the second reason for me being here. I'm here today to ask for your permission. See, I'd like to start assembling... A prototype of two duel runners."

Chancellor: "Duel Runners, you say?"

I pulled out the folder hidden in my jacket, then place it in front of the headmaster. He opens it for a moment then turns to Crowler.

Chancellor: "I'll need some time to overlook this... However, with funding-"

Y/N: "I'm aware, sir, but... I believe if things go well and you approve of my project. Then, I feel your school will earn a name written in the books of the time. Of course, I will handle the production on my own. When I've finally produced the prototype, will you approve of a test run or a course of some kind? Then we could work out some form of deal?"

Chancellor raised an eyebrow, going over the notes. Passing page after page, they both had noticed that I wasn't acting like an ordinary student. Having not divulged or spoken of product. Yet was asking for permission. The chancellor had only ever felt this level of intensity before, and the man was Seto Kaiba.

I grabbed a handful of coins from my [Inventory], and they, too glanced at me as they noticed the gold coins littering the field.

Y/N: "Money for the shipping and production of parts. I expect your answer at the end of the day."

Quickly bowing at the two teachers, and walked off.

Crowler: "Well... That was interesting."

Chancellor: "Indeed, for now. Continue as normal. I will personally overlook this project."