The Thousand Years

I'm sorry, I just thought this would be really relatable.
----------------------------------------------------

Apollo's POV

One thousand years is not small. Less than ten mortal generations pass by in that span and my life felt like it was running at the same speed as a snail.

So many things happened in that thousand years.
I got cursed by Aphrodite and that's how I lost my second most beloved person, after Hyacinthus, Daphne. However, when Hyacinthus died, I had Aria to help me get through it.
But I didn't have anyone like that when I lost Daphne.

My house is so lonely now, silence rules the place and I keep wondering how I lived before Aria came into my life. The house is back to magically cleaning itself again.

The only room left untouched it Aria's. It's hard to believe that she's still alive. I find myself just sitting on the floor in her room and remembering all that we've done together. All the fun we had together.

She's dead now. There's no point having any hope at all because no one has a chance of surviving that place. Not even Aria.

All the gods are despondent. Even Hephaestus, who's normally too preoccupied with his work to care about anything at all.
Artemis and her Hunters are taking out their sadness as anger and killing every evil beast they come across, ruthlessly.
Hermes doesn't smile or play jokes as often.

Everyone is grieving for her in their own way, but worst of all was Hecate. She had lost her best student. The one person in the world who bested her and had more power in magic than herself.
Her eyes are tinted red, from crying. There are black patches beneath her eyes and the goddess is getting skinnier from lack of food.

The only god who's ignoring all of this is Zeus. On purpose.
I have never hated my father more than now. Ever.
He still thinks that us grieving is nonsense and we're overdoing it.

He's still convinced that she'll come back, completely ignoring the fact that if she didn't, the he basically murdered her in cold blood.

------------

Aria's POV

I remember that the moment I stepped in the EF, I was attacked by this huge dragon with red eyes and smoke flaring from it's nostrils. The place was pitch black and I figured there was no such thing as day.

I was dimly aware of my outfit changing into my black robes, which I wear whenever I perform some magic.
I was fully concentrated on that huge beast.

As the days turned into months and months into years, I learned how to adapt to the place

Drink water whenever you can, because there is not much of it and you have no time to drink, because you'll be too busy fighting for your life.
I ate as much as I could, which was like, a few lucky berries in a fortnight or something.
I get dizzy while fighting from lack of food and my brain doesn't work properly. Strategy now seems hard, a thing that would usually come to me as smoothly as the flow of water.