Chapter 8

Geralt woke out of his peaceful sleep by no other then Yennefer.
"Morning sleepyhead" she grinned
Geralt opened his eyes and saw hers looking at him. She pulled his blanket of.
"Where is Jaskier?" She asked while looking around. That was the drop for Geralt. It was his fault. He had acted like a douchebag and scared Jaskier away, again. He was surprised Jaskier hadn't gone away earlier, but accepted Geralts behaviour He tried keeping himself under control. What's this wet sweat on my fucking face?!
Yennefer thought the same, in a few different words. "Are you crying?! What happened? Is Jaskier dead?!"
Geralt sighted. "Not dead. At least, i don't think so.." and the tears started dripping again. Yen took place next to him on the bed. While peacefully stroking his back, she asked again. "What happened?". So Geralt explained. He told that he had done some stupid shit and Jaskier was gone when he woke up. Yennefer was shocked, but hid it and gave him a comforting smile. It was silent for a moment.
"And why are you here?" Geralt asked.
Yennefer blushed. "Istredd, my ex, had contacted me and wanted to meet here. He said he had something for me to make up his mistakes.". Geralt shrugged.
"Can you help me to find Jaskier after that?"
"Of course! May I ask something?"
"Sure"
Yennefer waited for a moment and asked
"Do you like him?"

At Istredd..

Jaskier felt ruined. He felt as if his hart was broken, taped, and then smashed with a hammer. He had pain in his arms from the cuts that he and Istredd had made. He knew that this was the big day. He would die if he messes this shit up. He had to sing the song flawlessly, and with emotion, but not too much. He can't cry. At this thought tears started streaming already. He tried to sing the song. He kind of succeeded after the fifth try. "Bard!" He heard coming from the other room. He took his luit. "Its time to go. Do you have everything?" He asked. "Because you know what will happen if you fail.." Jaskier sighted. He knew what would happen..