Entrance Exam (Ch.1)

Marching down the entrance of the school. Turning my head ever so slightly, I caught sight of a few beaten students wearing regular street clothes, some on the floor in and peering into space, question what happened in there. While others held their heads defeated. Only moments ago, they had just fought in the entrance exam to enter Duel Academy and failed...

I was one of the last few participants who still were in the trials today.

After the written test, there would be an official duel with one of the school teachers. People that passed the written test were considered good enough for the final exam. But how would they fare against an instructor?

Sadly.

The hand full of students now had all been defeated, and they all sent him a wave of sympathy. After all, even if you pass by beating a teacher, you'll be placed in the Slifer dorm. You're bound to fail and with applications only available next year.

These were some of the kid's last shots for entering the academy.

But as I flicked his collar open and revealed himself to the crowd of students who passed their test. Some screamed out, wishing me good luck, while others hoped I'd fail.

 Some screamed out, wishing me good luck, while others hoped I'd fail

Crowler: "Well, well, well, another buffering and butting Slifer Red." Crowler pushed a bit of his hair aside, studying the young man. "I hope you know, young man, that I have a PhD in duelling and earned the title Doctor."

Crowler said that with so much bravado that it was almost amusing to see. But, as I looked at the older man. He moves onto his neck and gulps.

Crowler: "Is that... Not even a word, your tactics won't save-"

I didn't listen as I titled my neck from side to side, letting it crack. Crowler stepped back, disgusted.

Crowler: "I see, trying to act intimidating. Very well, do what you must." However, Crowler muttered something under his breath. "Mongrel."

Y/N: "Excuse me!?"

Crowler: "I was- How dare you!-"

Y/N: "Are you done running your mouth sir, are you ready to fight like a real man."

This caught the Crowler off guard. But he simply took up his stance, broadening his shoulders and puffing out his chest.

Crowler: "Very well, I'll teach you some manners before you even try talking to me like that again!"

Their features appeared over a plasma screen, and the students called out.

[DUEL!!!]

Y/N: 'I hope this works... Otherwise, this is going to be one short game.'

[Few Minutes Prior]

Y/N: 'I hope this works... Otherwise this is going to be one short game.'