"Are you willing to jump down there, right now?" Nick shifted his weight from foot to foot, obviously bored with the situation.

"I guess not-"

"I will!" I announced taking a step forward, "Get me some rope and I'll do it; tonight."

Nick looked at me dumbfounded, "Got a death wish don't ya?"

"Something along those lines." I took a deep breath.

Nick shook his head, laughing mockingly, "Stop trying to prove yourself, Newbie. The whole runner shenanigan, and now this. It isn't working."

"I'm not proving anything to anyone-"

"Well then fine, you heard the girl. Builders, make some ropes," Nick ordered.

Everyone turned about to leave, "I'm only going down on one condition."

Nick turned around, "Which would be?"

"You go down too."

"No- no way. You wanted to do this, not me." I saw something in Nick's eyes change; he was scared.

"Are you afraid?" I asked Nick, his face turning red.

"You're the baby that needs someone to go down with you."

"The leader should be willing to do the things, he tells his people to do." I said, hoping I didn't sound too crazy.

Nick started, "I'm not forcing you to do anything," before he muttered to himself, "There's no way the Greenie can tell me what to buggin' do."

"I'll do it for him!" Someone volunteered.

Nick looked over at where the voice had come from, "Stephan against the Greenie! Why don't we make it a competition, yeah?" The group cheered, "First one to touch the bottom, wins."

"What is there to win?" I asked.

"I think you should just start praying that you survive and let me handle the rewards."

Survive?

Goodness, I really did just sign my life away.

~~~~

The crowd left, everyone going back to doing whatever they were doing before this. Nick said that in 30 minutes the 'competition' would begin.

I scoffed at the word 'competition.' Nick always had to have a winner and a loser. And so far, the loser had always been me.

I have to change that tonight though.

This night seemed to drag on endlessly. I mean, it has got to be at least 11, maybe even 12.

I walked into the homestead planning to give myself a last minute pep talk, before I strategically dropped to my death.

The floor boards creaked below my feet so loud that I didn't even hear the door to the homestead open behind me. Someone tapped me on the shoulder, "Brianne."

My hand had just wrapped around the bathroom doorknob, "Yes?" I turned around seeing who had followed me.

For the love of all the glade-

"Leave me alone." I quickly ran into the bathroom, trying to close the door.

"I can't." Newt slid through the small opening, closing the door behind him. He smiled, knowing that I didn't want him in here, "We have a tendency to hang out in bathrooms-"

"We, don't have anything." I said.

"Brrr, that was pretty cold."

"You have a girlfriend, go talk to her and leave me alone." I crossed my arms over my chest.