Chapter 13 - Unexpected Encounters

Error ran as far as he could to get away, he had to get away. He couldn't stay there anymore...not with him
He kept running until he finally ran out of breath and fell to his knees. He pants, trying to regain his strength, but he only begins to silently weep. He didn't want to go back...he couldn't go back…
He jumps as he hears the sound of thunder roar through the sky, and it starts to rain. He sighs in disappointment, letting himself get soaked as he refused to stand up. He'd been running for two days now...it's no use anymore…

Maybe… He should just give up…

Suddenly, he doesn't feel the drops of rain, as a shadow hovers over him. His eyes open as he looks up. His eyes widen, seeing an umbrella above him. He slightly looks down, seeing a person kneeling in front of them, holding the umbrella. He had black hair, his eyes were a royal purple, and his cape was purple as well. He seemed to have some sort of crown with a crescent engraved into it on his head. He stared at Error with worry and confusion.

"What are you doing out here in the rain…?" Error only stared at him, not sure if he could trust him...he seemed nice.

"Who are you?" Error asked. The character seemed to look away for a second before looking back at him.

"My name is Nightmare. What's your name?"

"Error."

"Well, Error, do you want to stay with me and my friend…? You don't seem to have any other place to go." Error's eyes widened. He would take in a stranger…?
Nightmare holds out his hand for Error to take. Error hesitates due to his phobia, but something inside him tells him he can put his trust in him. Something tells him that Nightmare was running from something, just like him.

Error takes his hand, and Nightmare pulls him up. Error holds onto his shoulder for balance. Nightmare, realizing how weak Error is right now, helps him keep his balance, as they begin to walk.

What Error didn't expect at this time was for Nightmare to become his closest and dearest friend.

He wouldn't be ready for the day Nightmare is brutally taken from him.
Him and Cross both.

Cross paces back and forth, worried about Error and where he could be. He's been gone for more than two hours! Finally, Cross makes a decision.

"Ari!" He calls, "I'm going out to find Error!" He starts making his way to the door when Error comes flying through it, slamming it behind him. Cross stares at him, shocked.

"Where the hell were you!?" Error looks up at Cross, his eyes show panic.

"I-I um...got lost is all." Error sets down the backpack at the wall before making his way to the bathroom and locking the door.

"Error!?"

Error takes a few deep breaths, looking at himself through the mirror. He really shouldn't have been talking to Ink...what if he tells Dream!? Error turns the handle on the sink. He takes off his glasses and splashes water into his face.

God, what was he thinking…

Error walks over to the shower, turning it on as he thought.

"You're not going to tell Dream right…!?"

"I don't feel like it." Ink states, leaning against the wall of a building. Error sighs in relief, but he knows Ink is kinda a mystery box, so you can't always trust what he says.