Chapter 1 - The Greater Meme

(Ok, I love DreamSwap, it is my favorite AU, and I'm a big fan of the person who made it. This is my first time writing a DS story. I've done lots of research and deep diving into this AU for every.last.detail. of course that doesn't mean i have everything right. I did modify for the whole setting a bit for a couple of reasons - because there isn't too much detail on it/ I couldn't find info/  it makes my life easier writing this and the plot easier to manage, etc, etc.- sorry if I don't have some things right but this is what I've got. -Enjoy)

"Brother?" The lighter guardian calls.

"Yes?" The darker responds. The lighter guardian remains silent. They know what the other will say. "They hurt you again, didn't they?"

The darker guardian sighs, dropping down from the tree of feelings in front of the lighter guardian.

"Look, I'm fine ok? You don't need to worry about me. There's nothing you can do anyways."

"Why won't you let me help?"

"Because I don't want them to end up turning on you too…" The lighter guardian stood silent. The darker looks at them, a slight blush of embarrassment showing on his pale skin.
He was taken aback by the outburst of laughter sounding from the lighter guardian. Is it really funny to him??

"You know how stupid that sounds," The darker guardian looks down, a smile of embarrassment poking at the corner of his lip. it is pretty stupid. "Right Nightmare?"

It really is,
So stupid.

"Right, Dream."

The sun shone through the window, blessing Nightmare with its shining light. Nightmare groans, squeezing his eyes to shield himself, feeling the light shining on his face. He turns over to face away from it, relaxing his face once again as he starts to drift back into his slumber.
But even Nightmare can't have a few more seconds of peace.
Nightmares eyes shoot open in frustration, hearing Kevin outside crowing (more like unholy screeching to Nightmare). He buries his face into his pillow and screams out his rage. That damn chicken.
He gets up angrily and storms to the window. He lifts it open and pokes his head out, glaring at his pet chicken. He was sure that Kevin, in his little chicken mind, was smirking devilishly at him.

"It's 9 in the morning Kevin! Shut up!!"

Shouldn't have done that.

Kevin opens his beak and lets out an unholy shrill. Nightmare covers his ears. How can such a small thing make such loud and obnoxious noises?

"Kevin, I will turn you into fried chicken, you hear me!?!" The chicken simply tilts his head innocently before marching back into his little house. The guardian sighs before shutting the window. If the other two weren't awake after the first crow, they would definitely be awake now.
Nightmare stretches, letting out a vocal yawn in the process. He then draws his attention to the knock sounding from his door.
"Nightmare, why the hell did you think it was a good idea to provoke Kevin?" It was Error, he sounded both a bit pissed and clearly tired. Nightmare runs his hand through his raven hair, laughing nervously before answering.

"I was kind of mad he woke me up." Nightmare replied, laughing a bit. he hears Error walk away grumbling and cursing. Nightmare chuckles before opening his wardrobe to find his clothes.

"Your making breakfast because of that!!" Nightmare immediately drops the shirt he picked up and whipped his head around at the door.

"No way!! I made it yesterday!! It's you or Cross' turn!!"