Chapter 1

(Aura is 10)

'Thoughts'

"Speaking"

'mindlink'

Contains swearing
————————————————————————

Aura's POV

"Get up!" Yelled my step-father. He grabbed my hair, dragging me down to our secret jail. He pushed me into one of the cells. When I looked over to the other cells, I saw my cousins all there.

"Our enemies found us, so everyone is leaving. Everyone except for all of you. Enjoy living down here on your own, with barely any food or water," and with that, he walked away, disappearing from our sights. Unfortunately, he was right. We aren't going to get much food, with the rats and a pile of what looks to be rotten or not very good food.

'Man.... I wish brother was here. He could have helped us get off this island. I wish we knew who our parents were and if we had any siblings. I do however know that my brother and my cousins got banished for a reason I don't know. All I have is the letter he gave me, and I remember what he told me, too.' The memory rang in my ears, and I could hear it all over again.

~Flashback~

"Why do you have to go?" I pouted.

"I really don't think you want to know, but I promise I will be back to get you. Okay?" Scar said while patting my head.

"Okay." I started spinning around Scar, before he held me still.

"Here," he said, giving me a piece of paper. "I am giving you this, but you have to promise me you will not open it now. Wait until HE leaves. I've written the real reason that I have to leave. If I arrive before that time, I will tell you myself once you are safe."

I nodded.

"Okay.. I have to go now. I'll be back. I promise." He hugged me one last time before he left.

~Flashback ended~

I was brought back to reality, when it suddenly hit me. My eyes widened, 'I can open it now!' I pulled it out, silently thanking myself for keeping it on me, always. I read it silently to myself.

Dear Aura,

If you are reading this, then it means I'm not with you right now and I got banished. I knew too much information about what was happening in this place. Our step-father is the Dark King, he is the reason why we are here. Our parents are good, not bad, they are with the Light. Since I'm not here right now, I need you to not give up. I will not be able to find this place again, because he puts a spell on everyone that is banished. There is one loop hole he didn't know, since you opened this letter, I am able to find the island again. Tell this to Chase and Autumn for me, if they haven't forgotten about the letters their siblings gave them. I will come back for you.

Love your brother,

Scar

Considering the letter, I will have to talk to everyone else. This is going to be hard, especially since I am a water guardian.

I looked out from the cell to ask if Flora and Chase also got a letter. 'Did you guys get a letter from Scar too? Or did he just write to me?' I asked them through our mindlink with each other. 'It was just you, Talia told me to ask you about a letter when he leaves.' Chase told me. 'It was the same for me, Ren told me to ask you.' Flora told me.

'Scar told me that he will be coming back from wherever he went. Those who were banished weren't able to find the island again after, but he found a way, so we've just got to hold on. I know it'll be hard, but we can do it.' I told them. We heard creaking above us, causing me to frantically hide the letter in my pocket.

"Enjoy your cell, you sorry shits!" A voice boomed from above. We all felt the shift, as everyone left the dome. And then we were alone with just us and our thoughts

'Let's hope we can get through this.'

______

Finished: May 2nd, 2022

Edited: May 2nd, 2022

Published: March 8th, 2023

Words: 692

Q: What is your favorite band/singer?

Hope everyone enjoys the book!

Have a great day/night!