Family (A)

A.U - Izuku and Katsuki have a little girl named Katsumi. The two are married, and Izuku receives some sad news over a phone call. You could say this is a little snip-it of "Not A Coincidence" if you haven't read it. This is Katsuki's and Izuku's duaghter that share their DNA.
⚠️Angst⚠️
Word count: 1,970

     The snow outside danced with the winds current as the sky was a gloomy gray, but the sun shines the brightest so far. The sound of playfully yelling and giggling echoed through the air as the snow swirls around the specs of sound waves flowing through the sky.

     Izuku, dressed in gray sweatpants and a light blue shirt, trudged out of the back door, onto the porch wearing sea blue slippers. The porch was a dark wooden color, and they had a love-seat swing to the left. He had just gotten off the phone, possibly at the worst time.

Why is it the worst time?

Valentine's Day has just passed, there was still the feeling of holiday settling within the winds voice, and most importantly, Izuku's and Katsuki's wedding anniversary had been coming to close for comfort. But like every other day, he had to smile. If not for the people or his family, what else?

     Light flurries of snow fall outside as Izuku stepped onto the porch. Katsuki also wrapped up in gray sweatpants, black boots, and a heavy black jacket with a fur collar, ran around chasing the little girl that ran around in circles, kicking the snow. The little girl screamed and giggled as her little legs carried her though the thick treacherous snow. Katsuki kept chanting, "I'm going to win," while chasing the little girl.

This brought bliss to Izuku's soul. Izuku smiled, sadly almost, pulling a blanket around his body to shield it from the icy wind. He watched for a few minutes, just enjoying the little show of Katsuki and his daughter running in circles around the snowman the two had made.

He loved watching his family have fun and share happiness, even in the coldest of moments. "C'mon inside guys! It's cold!" Izuku hollers, and Katsuki took two steps before picking up his daughter and throwing her over his shoulder. Katsumi giggled and squirmed as Katsuki ticked her a bit and held her tightly with one hand, making sure she didn't fall off his shoulder.

Izuku had set lunch down on the table, having already eaten before he felt like throwing up from nerves.

Izuku watched as Katsuki help Katsumi take her jacket, boots, and gloves off first before his own. He picked up Katsumi as she was trying to run away with a hero action figure. Someone had to inherit the obsession.

Katsuki set her down in a chair and pushed the plate closer to her as he grabbed forks for himself. Izuku walked over to the couch in the other room and Katsuki glanced over to see Izuku disappear. Katsuki watched Izuku with a keen eye before he kissed his daughter's head and walked over to the couch.

Izuku has his head buried within his palms as he felt the weight of the couch sink. He looked up and saw Katsuki had brought his food out, and setting it on the coffee table. "What's wrong?" Katsuki asked before taking a sip of his cup, and setting it down next to the plate.

"Did you eat?" questioned Izuku, completely avoiding Katsuki's question. Katsuki started at Izuku, knowing he was avoiding his question. That didn't help the creeping urge of concern crawling up his skin.

     "I'm eating now, with you. What's wrong?" Katsuki asked again, more bluntly. Izuku took a deep breath, only for it to come out staggered and shaky. Katsuki knew something was wrong, and he was about to scoot closer to Izuku and rub his back but little Katsumi came barreling into the room with food smeared on her cheek, and a hero action figure in her hand.