Chapter 6 - Miracle or Curse?

Start from the beginning

"Just because you go to school and work, doesn't mean you abandon her. I'm sure that when she wakes up, she will be good as new!"

I smile, silently praying that things will go according to his words. My relationship with Hardin has been seriously tested. At first, I couldn't help but blame him for every shit that was going on but after I found out who my father really is, I guess I was as guilty as he was.

"So how's things at your new place?"

"Well, It's coming together!" he says clapping his hands, and for a moment I feel free.

"Evans, also helped" he says and winks.

"No... you didn't, didn't you?"

He just bursts into laughing and damn If I know what this means.

"I'm so happy for you two. You deserve so much love Josh and I think you and him look great together"

"I think so too... I hope I don't ruin it with my stupid jealousy stants" he says lowering his eyes.

"You also need to learn to trust, just like I did all over again. Give it time" I said reassuringly.

"I guess so. Are you still coming over for movie night this weekend?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world" and with that we said our goodbyes as we parted ways since Josh had to be back at the shop for the new arrival of clothes. He seemed so happy and had his life figured out, I could only feel proud of him but yet, I could feel the jealousy creeping it's way up to me.

Why couldn't my life be a little like his

Oh Tessa stop being ungrateful!

My steps on the way home became fast and sloppy, feeling like someone was watching me from afar and you could say that I was almost running. I had to pass from this awful park that was kind of abandoned since that accident at the fair that used to be here. Old train rails and other amusement machines were laying here and there, making the place look like a Freddie Crugger kind of background. Thank god it was morning and not pitch black.

Just as I was about to turn, I heard a piercing sound coming from a corner. I couldn't quite figure out what it was, as I stood there listening carefully. It was weird to say that it didn't scare me or overwhelmed me but made me curious to look where it was coming from. Walking towards the big trash cans, I heard it loud and clear, and it made my blood frozen.

Cries

Loud Cries

I shoved my hands inside the bags, desperately trying to reach the sound that was nothing else than baby cries. Desperate, painful and excruciating baby sounds. I picked up a bag and when I zipped it open, I squeezed my hands not to drop it. It was a newborn, a newborn baby girl, covered in blood with it's umbilical cord still on her. The sight was indeed gruesome but it shattered my heart in a million pieces.

How could someone throw this little creature like it was some short of a trash?

What kind of human is so heartless?

Then I remembered, those so called humans exist, and my father was one of them.

I took off my jacket and wrapped it around the baby's cold body, holding  her tight in my arms and whispering calming words, trying to ease her cries. I whiped the blood from her eyes patting her softly, to warm her and make feel safer. I don't know for how long she was dumped in there but I all I cared about now, was making sure this little angel was healthy.

I walked out in the busy road and hailed a cab. The driver couldn't believe his eyes but drove us straight away to the nearest hospital, after saying at least three times, Oh Lord! I was desperately trying to call Hardin but every call was sent into the voicemail. I felt angry and frustrated, what if it was an emergency, which indeed it was, and he was nowhere to be found, what if my psycho dad had finally found me, he would have absolutely no clue!

Arriving at the emergency entrance, I rushed inside looking for a nurse. After filing some papers, I saw them taking her away from my hands and for a moment, the motherly instinct kicked in and I wanted to snap this little creature back in my arms.

"We are just going to run a few tests, your baby will fine" the nurse reassured me and I smiled. I smiled because of the words "your baby". If only she knew, if only.

The waiting seemed long and it was indeed painful. As much as I was trying to reach Hardin it was always unavailable. I sighed and sighed, walking up and down the corridors waiting for some news, literally anything.

I took my phone out and immediately called Josh, it was the least I could do.

"Hey babe, Wassup?"

"Hey, listen, I know you are at work and all but I really need to tell you something"

"Tess... is everything okay?"

"Yeah, kinda. Try to not freak out please?"

"Tessa Young, fucking speak your mind already!"

"Okay, okay.... on my way home, I passed through the amusement park and when I reached this corner, I heard cries"

"Oh my god, was someone hurt?"

"Kinda... I found a newborn Josh. A baby girl for fuck sake, with the umbilical cord still attached... " I couldn't find it in me to continue, as I burst down sobbing.

"OH SWEET JESUS!"

For a moment there was silence and I didn't really know what else to say, until Josh broke it.

"What are you going to do? I bet child services will take it from here right?"

"Oh hell no! It's a little soul Josh, I won't let it go into an orphanage until someone decides to adopt it"

"Tessa baby that's how it is, I know it's dead cruel but thats how things work. You cant do anything"

I knew he was right, but I just couldn't find it in me to let her go like this. They will treat her so poorly, just how Hardin was treated after he ended up in that orphanage he once talked about.

"Josh, I just need some time. Could you help me out?"

"You know I'm with you girl, just please think this through. It's a human life we are talking about. You are sort of a teenage yourself"

"I know, I'll call you when we are done from here"

"Yeah, I'll also finish work soon. See you later"

Just as I closed the call, the nurse who took her earlier approached me and I jumped off my seat.

"Miss Young, the doctor would like to see you, please follow me"

Here we go...

Author's Note

Hey guys, I'm trying to keep up with the updates it's really not easy, I don't want to deliver shitty chapters, so I'd rather take my time. I recieve messages saying how much you like it and honestly it makes my day! I hope you like this turn of events, really excited to test their relationship through this unexpected outcome!

I was also thinking of writing a Herophine story, I already have an idea, but would love to hear your suggestions as well! Let me know what you think!
Much Love
♥️