Chapter 6 - Miracle or Curse?

Hero

It's a beautiful morning outside, and I'd rather spend it with the love of my life tangled up in bed doing what we do best which is cherish each other. No matter how much I was praying for some quiet time, I knew I had to face the problems that didn't seem to go away.

Making my way to the all so familiar bar, I spot Carly and I'm dreading the moment she will open her mouth.

"Well, well, look who's here" she says cleaning up martini glasses.

"What's up Carly?"

"Meeting someone?" she asks and I nod.

I'm thankful when she doesn't try to extract more information and with a smile she walks away. The moments pass and they feel like hours, until the person I've been waiting for fibally shows up, making his way to me.

I down the last drops of my scotch and wait for him to finally lay a hand on me.

"You called?" I ask him as he takes a sit next to me to the bar.

"I've looking for you Hardin. Where the hell have you been?" he asks, obviously pissed off.

"Things have been difficult" I admit moving my gaze away.

"No shit Sherlock! Having Young behind your ass caused us problems as well" he says tugging his hair.

"What are you talking about?" I ask confused. It's fine to have the Russians behind my back but now another emeny? Can this world even take a grip?!

"Of course you wouldn't know... our Boss found out you fooled the 'Underground' and wants you out of the way!" he says breaking my silence.

"What the hell man?" I shout, causing a few heads to turn towards us. "I only worked with you for a few days, how are you even in danger?"

"Young knows man, he knows every little stunt you pulled while fucking his daughter"

Hearing the words come out of his mouth, I instantly grab him by the collar and punch him in the face. We drop to the ground and I shake him shouting.

"How dare you? How dare you bring her into this!"

"What happened boy, did I hit a nerve?" he mocks me, blood dropping from his lip. "I knew there was something going on between you and her. If you want my advice, stay away from her. Before it's too late... for all of us" he says and stands up. I'm too confused and dizzy to fight him anymore.

"If you don't fix this, they will come looking for you... and her. Don't forget, she is his weakness anyway" and with that he walks away.

I know he is right. Even if I force myself to go blind, I know he is right. I'm the one who is putting everyone in danger and there is only one way to make things right, for once and for all.

---

Tessa

"You know you can always call me girl, I don't have to tell you twice" Josh says taking my hands into his.

"I'm so thankful to have you by my side" I reply, with a heavy smile.

It has been a few days since I last saw him and when he called me this morning I couldn't resist but meet him immediately.

"Are you coming back to college?" he asks with hope in his eyes.

"Yeah, I also called Carla earlier, I will go back to work tomorrow morning. I need to put my life back on track"

"You need your routine back and I know danger is out there... god, I can't even process this yet, but you need to live"

"I know, and I'm seriously going to try but I don't want to abandon my mother"