"Okay, okay. Enough." Bom hissed, swatting the back of Jung's head, "Look, Lee Dohwa's coming. Everyone, act like you're on Stage."

Taek instantly stretched his legs under his table, nodding at Dohwa as the latter walked in, "What's up, cool guy Dohwa? You...lady killer, you."

Everyone stiffened up. Bom cleared her throat dramatically. Two rows to the left, the General broke her mechanical pencil.

"Oh," Dohwa awkwardly nodded back, surprised by the greeting, "Hi...there. What's wrong with the class today? Don't tell me..." Horror dawned on the boy's face as all the students waited in nervous anticipation, "we have a surprise test today? Class Rep, is that what this is all about?"

Going along with his assumption, the General nodded and adjusted her glasses, "Yes. We have a surprise test in Math. That's why everyone's on the edge. Don't worry, I'm working on trying to get the teacher to postpone it."

Dohwa let out a sigh in relief, "You're heaven sent, Class Rep. What would we do without you? I haven't been paying attention as the second Class Rep, have I? Ah, I wouldn't have been scared but so much happened at Namju's party―well, nevermind." He brushed it off, "You all are unaware so I'd rather not burden you with it. Thanks again." The boy sent a wink towards the General and she blushed.

Yeonha resisted the urge to roll her eyes as Dohwa placed his bag on the desk behind her.

"Yeonha-ya, good morning!" He greeted her chirpily, "I suppose Haru told you what happened yesterday."

"I was there, Dohwa." Yeonha shifted to face him, "I saw what happened. I wonder how Kyung and Danoh will deal with it. Or how the Writer wants their story to go. The sudden change must have come as a shock to them."

Dohwa chuckled, "My friend Han Yeonha, Danoh and I are not scared of the Writer anymore."

"You should be," She crossed her arms, "They might mess with your family next. Oh look, the teacher's here."

"What do you mean 'mess with my family'? Yeonha? Han Yeonha? Don't leave me in suspense!"

◆◆◆

Juda, in her gym uniform, was crouching by the plants in their hideout, looking morose. Yeonha threw away the lit cigarette without taking a drag from it. It was safe to say that while she was getting used to the smell and the smoke, she'd rather not make it a habit.

"What's bothering you, Juda?" Yeonha leaned against the shed pole, staring down at her friend, "You're usually the first to start talking whenever we're here. But you've barely said a word ever since I showed up."

The girl fidgeted around with the mud, patting it around a small flowering plant, "Nothing's bothering me."

"Sure it isn't."

"I'm telling you the truth."

"Hmm, feels like you're lying to your friend."

Juda tilted her head upwards to see Yeonha smiling smugly, "I'm not lying."

"My little brother is a better liar than you." She lifted her shoulders, before gesturing at a stairs for them to sit, "And that's saying something since he's terrible at lying. Ends up giggling every time. So," Yeonha sat down with a huff, patting at the space next to her, "Sit. And tell me what's gotten you upset."

Juda debated as she quietly sat herself on the stone. Then she slowly admitted, "Namju isn't talking to me..."

Yeonha blinked. Ah, this must be the aftereffects of the birthday party. Wasn't Namju supposed to declare that Juda was his woman or something?