chapter 2

Yeonha blinked at the sound of a page turning and found herself standing next to Dohwa, by a stone railing, overlooking the fields down below

Ugh, looks like I'm on Stage.

Dohwa was saying something that she couldn't hear. Literally couldn't hear. The Writer was forcing her eyes to watch Dohwa's hair, his eyes, the way he smiled and gestured as he talked. Her heartbeat increased. She saw sparkles around his face. 

He suddenly stopped talking and zoned out at someone walking below. Yeonha followed his gaze to see that it was Juda who had captured his attention.

Jealousy and sorrow coursed through Yeonha's body. She lifted her hand and placed it on Dohwa's, startling him out of his thoughts.

"Dohwa-ya, what are you looking at?" She asked, forcing a smile. Real Yeonha gagged at her voice.

Juda was walking with a joyful expression, despite the students around her throwing taunts at her. She held the straps of her bag tightly, increasing her pace. Dohwa's eyes followed her.

"She still forces herself to be happy even though she's hurting." He mumbled, "Yeo Juda is really strong."

The smile melted off of Yeonha's face at his words. She felt so, so sad. "Ah, isn't she?"

Baek Kyung approached from the back, "Lee Dohwa, there you are. I was looking for you."

Dohwa turned around with a smile and Yeonha's heart hurt a lot. The corner of her eyes threatened to spill tears. Kyung looked at her.

Suddenly, she could move again. Inhaling noisily through her mouth, Yeonha cursed, "For fuck's sake, I can't deal with this."

Both the boys looked quite taken aback. 

She scowled at them, thoroughly annoyed, "Don't look at me like that. I've been swearing at the two of you⏤heck, I've been swearing at this damned world and the stupid punk of a Writer for the past month." Yeonha waved her fist the boys. Dohwa ducked behind Kyung out of fear of being hit. "Or should I say three days because the time skip and lack of memory is fucking unbearable." Baek Kyung opened his mouth to snap at her but she beat him to it, "Oh, you just shut the fuck up." His mouth snapped shut. The tall boy looked taken aback. "'You're spouting garbage. Are you sick?' I know that's what you're going to say." Yeonha made a face and melodramatically imitated Kyung's voice.

"Yeonha-ya...are you alright?" Dohwa peeked over Kyung's shoulder.

She took a threatening step forward, making the boys stumble back, "I'm fan-fucking-tastic. It's you people who aren't aware that this stupid fucking world is a damn manhw⏤" Her screaming was interrupted by the timeskip.

Bom had turned in her seat and was scribbling something in Yeonha's notebook. She was doodling, Yeonha observed.

"Look!" The short-haired girl pointed at the two smiling stick figures on the paper, "This is you and Dohwa."