Robbe looked away smiling, looking relieved.

"Dude."

Jens laughed quietly and covered his face with his hands.

They sat in silence for a second, and Jens felt his heartbeat and his breathing slow. It was okay.

"Had? Past tense?"

Jens dropped his hands.

"Yeah."

"What happened?"

Jens took in a long breath and looked down.

"I don't–" His voice cut off. "I don't know."

Robbe shifted in his seat and put his hands on the table.

"Tell me."

"So we met at the holiday party."

"Mmhm."

"And we hung out a few times after that and we like... We flirted. And held hands." Jens glanced up at Robbe, his nervousness still not completely gone. Robbe nodded, a small smile on his face.

"And he kissed me on New Years. And we went back to my place and smoked. And... And made out."

"Mmhm."

"I thought everything was fine." Jens suddenly became overwhelmed with the same emotions he'd had when he realized Lucas was avoiding him.

"What happened?" Robbe asked quietly.

"He's just not talking to me. At all." Jens looked at him angrily. His eyes burned, and his voice cracked. "He's read my messages. But that's it. He hates me."

"Jens."

"What did I do wrong?"

"Probably nothing." Robbe reached out and placed a hand on Jens's. "You probably did nothing."

Jens dropped his head onto the table and felt Robbe pat his hair.

"I'm gonna get some coffee, and then we'll talk about what to do, yeah?"

Jens sat up, making no move to stand to get coffee himself.

"Yeah."

Robbe nodded and pushed himself away from the table.

"What do you want?"

Jens looked at him for a second, realizing how grateful he was for him. Robbe was a good friend.

"Just a coffee."

"Scone?"

"Sure."

Robbe nodded and began to walk past him, stopping next to him. He looked like he hesitated for a second before wrapping his arms around Jens, pulling him close. Jens turned his face into Robbe's side, wrapping his arms around Robbe's waist. He didn't feel like he had to cry anymore. It was just that he only had the short few seconds during the hug to hide.

"I love you," he heard Robbe say softly.

Jens could only nod.

Robbe gently pulled at his shoulder, and when Jens detached himself, he pressed a quick kiss to the top of Jens's head.

As Robbe walked off to get their coffee and scones, Jens smiled to himself. Robbe had definitely been spending too much time with Milan.