[29]

***

[ T <•> I ]

I: I promised you to sort everything out with my father and also keep you updated about that.

T: yeah...

I: I did it. Miss Gibson was right. He had forgotten it all entirely.

I: he didn't even know anything about me and you dating.

T: did you tell him then?

I: I didn't get the time.

***

T: look Irina, we can't keep him in the dark.

T: if you're not telling him because you don't want him to react badly then know this for a fact, any relationship that screws up family ties is unhealthy.

I: I know Tim.

I: I just didn't get to ask him anything at all.

I: he unexpectedly came back from work, walked right into my room and trust me that's something he's never done before and he was actually being a lot weird.

***

T: weird? How so?

I: Dad is not the caring type, he hasn't cared about me or shown any signs of emotional attachment since the past twenty two years, but now all of a sudden something has happened to him.

T: so you mean to say he has started to care for you?

T: isn't that a good thing?

I: but that's so not him.

I: I'm confused.

T: don't be. Maybe he's just decided to turn over a new leaf.

***

I: you won't believe what happened today.

T: what happened?

I: Dad told me at breakfast that he was leaving on a business trip for a really long time and I am supposed to look after his company in his absence.

T: so?

I: he's been acting very very weird. So much so that I am actually very concerned for him.

T: and what did he do this time that's weird to you?

I: he said that just because he never showed it doesn't mean that he doesn't care for me. He said that he wasn't certain whether he would come back from the trip or not and if he didn't then I was supposed to take over his post. He even told me that he was proud of me.

T: ...

T: I don't know how to respond to that

I: me neither.

I: he has never been that expressive.