Chapter 13

Dean is standing out side the Roadhouse. He walks in and sees Death siting at a table talking to some man. The man says goodbye to Death then he stands and faces Dean.

"Hello Dean. It's been a while. It's good to see you." The man says.

"Chuck?!?" Dean asks startled.

Chuck smiles. "Yes you knew me as Chuck."

"What happened to you man? You disappeared then a new Profit took your place!"

"Kevin Tran." Chuck says.

"Yeah. What happened?"

"I was never a Profit. My job on earth was to write the Winchester Chronicles. I finished writing them. Now, it was nice seeing you again. But I have some business to take care of. I'm sure our paths will cross again." Then Chuck walks past Dean and out the door.

"Bye!" Dean says. Then he walks over to the table and takes Chucks place. "So what're you doing talking to Chuck?"

"Chuck and I go back millions of years." Death says.

"What?" Dean asks confused.
"I and many others know him by a different name." Death says.

"And that is....." Dean asks.

"He is God." Death simply says.

"Huh... Wow. Okay then. Chuck is god." Dean says. He knows Death would not lie or joke.

"You know him as Chuck. See he can be anyone, anywhere, any time." Death states.

"Oh. So am I dead?" He asks not really caring.

"A part of you is. Yes." Death says. "When you prayed. Chuck, God, heard you and he answered your prayers but at a price."

"What's that?"

"Demons cannot survive praying to God. When you prayed the Demon inside of you was killed. God still has plans for you Dean Winchester. The human side of you still lives." Death tells him.

"So I'm no longer a Demon?" He asks.

"Correct. You are now just a human." Death nods at the door. "When you walk out of the door you will wake inside your body again."

"Is Lisa?" Dean couldn't get the rest out.

"Lisa is alive and fully healed. The boy will remember you but she does not.

Dean nods. "Thank you. For helping me."

"You refused to take that boys soul. Even though you were a demon. You did very good Dean Winchester." Death says then he vanishes.

Dean looks around the Roadhouse once more. Memorizing the old place again. "Goodbye." He whispers to it, to all the memories that it holds, and walks out the door.