Chapter 17 - The Eternal

4 moths later...

Much things changed for 4 months. Even though they are just a little dot in the life of a human or any other well living being, they completely turned on in the direction to Chloe. The information about the murder of Yoosung was released and Hemingson completely dissapeared. His throne was forcefully taken and given to the next true ruler. Chandler kept one of Hemingson's bigger brothers in secret. Xiao Cen was a really nice and generous man. He really did deserve the throne. Even though that Hemingson was no longer in her path, Chloe couldn't stop thinking about where could Hemingson be now?

As for her situation with Lucifer. Well they got more closer than ever, but after Hemingson's dissapearing, Lucifer needed to head back to Hell to settle some important things. He didn't exactly tell the reason for it, but he had promised to come as soon as possible. He even asked her if she wanted to follow him. With the mark now it was possible for her to go to Hell with Lucifer, but she perfectly knew her home was on Earth, in L.A. She assured him she'll be fine and she'll wait for him patiently. In fact Lucifer was gonna set something important for him. It gave Chloe some suspicious chills whenever Amenadiel or Maze smirked at her. Did they knew something that she didn't?

Well she was too occupied to think about those things. After everything settled with Hemingson, Zen chose to get married with his fiance. Chloe was happy for her second big brother that he was finally getting his happy ending. He deserved it. As a responsible sister, she got the role of an excellent organizer and started with the preparation a week before the big day. As she was passing and walking, pasting little white flowers in the big ceremony hall, the big door was heard opening. Amenadiel entered in, smiling.

"Hello Chloe. How are you?"

"Ah. I'm fine. Preparing things. I'm happy that Zen decided to get his wedding here in L.A. Anyway, how is little Charlie and Linda?" Chloe smilled as she put some flowers and looked around, thinking of where should she exactly paste the roses.

"They are both okay. Linda has been asking for you."

"I promise her, we'll surely go out on a girl night." Chloe giggled.

"I was wondering, how are you and Lucifer?"

Chloe stiffened. He hasn't come in 4 months. She never lost faith in him, but she was pretending that she was okay. She wasn't. She couldn't breathe, function, live without him. She put a forced smile and faced Amenadiel.

"We are good. I hope he gets whatever he needs to done in Hell asap."

"Well, I was surprised at first when I knew the reason of going down there."

"And that is?"

Amenadiel just chuckled and looked at Chloe more happy than ever. What the hell was happening?

"You'll soon see why. I'll be leaving you. Bye for now."

Chloe watched him walking away and leaving her alone in the big hall. There was something for sure in the minds of the angel and the demon. But she was gotten out of her thoughts when Lucas called after her.

"Young Miss, First Young Master is here."

"Aw, get him in" She said and forcing on a smile.

Chandler got inside as he looked around the big hall. It was so well decorated every little detail showing on. Chandler knew in the moment that Chloe was put in charge, that the wedding would be a beautiful occasion, full of details.

"Sister, amazing work."

"Thank you brother. Did you go with Zen to pick a costume?"

"Yeah, it were the most tortured 3 hours of my life."

"Eh? Only 3 hours? That's nothing."

Chandler smirked at her. "Did you get the wedding designer ready for your dress?"

"My dress..?"

"Yeah. The one you'll attend the wedding." He silently chuckled.

"Oh.. not yet. I'll probably call him in the end of the day." Chloe watched him with suspicion. Did that fox know something?

Chandler just smiled at her.

"Do you know something I don't? Maze and Amenadiel have been acting pretty weird and now you're joining them."

"Nope. You are probably overthinking the situation."

"Aha.. Anyway, I'll go to the cake baker to fetch the cake, please call the food organizer and tell him the list of all foods from over there." She showed him a little list from the table not so far away from them.

"Alright. Have fun." He said as he gently patted her head.

--------------------------
Chloe entered the little bakery. It was the best one in L.A. She still remembered how her father in his free days he took her there to eat one of the most delicious chocolate cakes and drink bubble tea with him. She inhaled the familiar scent of the bakery and looked at the familiar old cooker. He was in his 50s but he was really good with his hands.

"Ah, Chloe. Good to see you here, darlin'. The wedding cake I guess?" He warmly smiled at her.

"Yes. I don't mind waiting."

"You won't have to wait long. You can sit and drink one bubble tea from me." He smiled handing her her favourite bubble tea - green apple juice and watermelon bubbles inside.

"Thank you" She smiled and took a seat closer to the window.

She looked outside and wondered about everything that happened in the past 6 years. Who could've thought that she would meet and fall in love with the devil, join a whole celestial team of angel, demon and a newborn nephillim, then go back to the life of being a rich miss of the young family and fight her once to be called best friend? She wondered as she took a light sip of juice and a bubble what was she again with Lucifer? Were they only partners, or friends with benefits, or even more than that. She sighed as she looked at the beeping phone. Her eyes widened as she saw the one who sent her a message.

"Meet me at Lux. After 2 hours."

1026