Chapter 13 - Epiphany

This was inspired by favourite song. :) (Don't blame me, I'm too emotional. I'll probably make at least 2-3 chapters based on emotional like songs)

"Wow. I did not expect you have gone through so much, Young Madam." Wuming sighed deeply.
She told him everything. Her first meeting with Lucifer. Her whole partnership with him. His screwing up as he ran to Las Vegas and came back married to a stripper. Her going out with the lieutenant. Almost killed by him. Then discovering Lucifer's true nature. Her running of instead of being with him. ( She regretted it too much.) Him being with Eve. And the rest of course.
Wuming was a religious guy and he believed her words. Afterall on that cruise ship after she was dropped at the ocean, Wuming had seen the full power of the Devil himself. Only him, Hemingson, and couple more bodyguards escaped. Everyone was already dead. He didn't tell Chloe though. He assumed she wouldn't want to hear such information. And afterall he didn't want to ruin this perfect relationship.
He saw the hurt in her eyes as she was telling Lucifer's realization 2 years ago, her unsuccessful relationship with the first sinner in the world, and Lucifer's goodbye to her. He couldn't explain it, but he felt every bitterness in her eyes.
Chloe's head started spinning all of a sudden as she pasted her glass of water Wuming gave her.

"I am kind of sleepy all of a sudden..." She stated feeling heavy and drunk. She tried to stand up, but she fell down. Before she thuded on the floor, Wuming caught her and pasted her on the couch.
She let soft snores and he covered her body with a simple blanket. He took his phone and dialed a number.
"Hello..?"

Chloe was sleeping peacefully as someone entered the office. With a sigh of relief, Lucifer finally seeing his love here locked a loosen strand of her hair behind her ear and kissed her forehead. Wuming closed the door behind him.

"What did you do to her?" He snarled against the man, but he was still cautiously looking over his Chloe.
"I just drugged her so she could fall asleep and for you to easily get her out of here."
"Why though? You are that bastard's most trusted man. Why would you let the detective off so easily?" Lucifer watched with disgust.
"I realized Hemingson can't force his love on her and she deserves happiness. Whatever the cost is I'll let her off, even if it means I'll loose my life." He sighed.
"Now come on before someone really sees you."
He said as he opened and left the door as he exited the office and company, completely dissapearing.

Lucifer was speechless. He couldn't formulate an answer either. That man was a bad and a good understanding person. He couldn't be more thankful to him for returning his detective back. He didn't even hesitate - he got his jacket off and picked her up, covering her with it. She instinctively snuggled more into his chest and took the sweet aroma of the jacket. He was over the moon to feel his detective against his body.

Lux was always packed up in the evenings. Luckily, Lucifer took the back door and swiftly went up to the elevator, without waking the detective up. She was still sleeping peacefully, looking just like an angel. Well, she technically was - for him. He bent down and planted a soft kiss to her forehead. She twitched her nose cutely and snuggled even more deeper into him. He couldn't bring his smile down. She was so cute.
The elevator let out an arriving ding and he entered. He forgot that Maze and Linda were still there as they were thinking of a plan to get Chloe back, but surprisingly Wuming called Lucifer for him to come to the company office.

"You got Decker!?" Maze happily chirped.
"Shh, look Maze, she is sleeping" Linda stated as she petted her head.
"The Detective needs some rest, Maze are you gonna stay down in case something happens?"
"Of course, Decker needs my full protection, afterall she is MY bestfriend."
"And my lover Maze, don't forget that."
"I won't let you hurt her Lucifer, like you did when you left to Hell." Maze snarled to Lucifer.

He let it slip off this time. He didn't want to wake Chloe anyway. As Linda and Maze left, Lucifer tucked Chloe under the blankets, making sure to remove her clothes for her own comfort. He almost gave in to temptation of her beautiful body and curves. He took his clothes of as well and hugged her in the bed. She  snuggled even deeper into his chest and put her nose in the curve of his neck letting out soft snores.
She was gonna be surprised in the morning.

810

You Are My Favourite Hello, But You Are The Hardest Goodbye.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara