Chapter 28 - A work of fate or something more?

Start from the beginning

"Are you a relative ma'am?" She questioned.

"No, I'm a friend!" I'm replied.

"I'm sorry Ma'am but it's against our policies to share any information about our customers unless they are a family member." She explained.

"Is there no way I can meet him?" I requested.

"Unfortunately not ma'am. It would be best for you to call Mr Malhotra and ask him yourself." She suggested.

I want to surprise him! Phone karungi toh surprise ki waat lag jaygi!

"Okay, thank you!" I said with a half smile as I turned to leave.

"Hey, maybe I can help?" I heard a familiar voice.

"Oh my god, am I glad to see you? I'm so confused. There's so much happening. I don't know where to start." I said nervously as I saw the person.

"Come with me! It'll all make sense." He said with a smile and I followed him.

******

13th February 2020, 7:00pm

It's the first T20 match of the tournament against New Zealand. Cricket season has began! I'm my happiest when I play cricket but today I felt a void. There was something missing and I know exactly what that was.

Nandini

I can't stop thinking about her. That girl will drive me nuts. Ever since our conversation after Ziva's party, I haven't stopped thinking about her. I like her so much! I have never felt for anyone the way I feel for her. I wanted to meet her before we left India but unfortunately it wasn't possible. I wish I could meet her soon. I really wish.

"Kiski soch mai paray ho?" I hear Virat say as he nudged me.

"Jhoot bolu ya sach?" I said as I stared at nothing in particular.

"Even if you lie, I can read the truth on your face!" He said proudly. He knew me too well.

"She drives me insane yaar! I can't stop thinking about her!" I said with a sigh.

I didn't need to mention her name, Virat knew pretty much everything about me. Sometimes I felt like he knew me more then I knew myself.

"I understand Manik but you need to focus. It's our first match of this series and securing a win will be a big boost for our team. We need every player to focus." Virat said in an attempt to motivate me.

"Yeah Virat! Don't worry, I promise you my 100% concentration." I said with a smile.

"That's more like it! By the way seeing as you missed the last half of the group meeting earlier on today, I need to update you on somethings." He said.

"Oh yeah, go ahead. Also, sorry I left early. Zoya bhabhi had scheduled a video meeting with one of the brands I'm working with, and I didn't realise the times were going to clash." I said in an apologetic tone.

"No problem. Okay so Bumrah isn't playing today, coach wants to give him some rest. His leg has just gotten better. He wants to save him for the more crucial matches. So Deepak Chahar is coming in his place. I want you and Rohit to start today. What else is there?" He said as he mentally ticked off the things from his invisible list.