Chapter 26 - Give love a chance

2 weeks later:

It had been two weeks since that day. The day when Manik confessed his feelings. I remember standing around the corner and listening to his words. Every single word meant so much to me. No one has ever made me feel as special as he did. No one has said those things to me before. Despite knowing how I am, he still did not give up on me. I wanted to run to him that day. I wanted to run and take him into a hug. It took so much to stop me from doing that. Manik is the nicest boy I have met. He deserves true love. He deserves a girl who will love him wholeheartedly, a girl who will make him happy, a girl who will be there by his side always. Considering the broken mess I am, I would never be able to give that to Manik. He wouldn't be happy with me, a girl who runs from love.

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door. I looked up to see Navu di and Cabir jiju waiting at the door.

"May we come in?" Navya Di asked politely.

"Di, you guys don't have to ask!" I said as I gestured jiju and Di to walk in.

"What's up Choti?" Jiju said as he sat next to me and caressed my hair.

"I don't know, the ceiling? The sky? The sun?" I said pathetically.

"What's wrong with your sense of humour?" He said with a disgusted look.

"It's non-existent Cabir!" Navya Di said sarcastically.

"Guys I'm not in the mood." I said as I took a deep sigh.

"Why are you not in the mood? Mums told me you've been like this for the past two weeks. Ever since you came back from Ziva's party you've been different. You rarely stay home, you're always at work, you don't eat properly, you don't sleep properly, you don't even sit down with mum and dad and spend time with them. Hua kya hai?" Navya did asked.

"Di nothing has happened! I'm just busy with work lately." I lied.

"No Nandini! You've been busy with work before but you've never behaved like this. Nandini please tell us what happened otherwise I'll have to ask Manik." Di further said. Why does she need to ask Manik for?

"There's no need to ask him anything. I'm fine!" I said a little irritatedly.

"You're clearly not. You can share with us bacha, you know that. Tell us what's bothering you." Jiju said softly.

"I don't know jiju. I don't know if you guys will be able to understand." I said hesitantly. I didn't understand how I was feeling myself so how could I possibly make someone else understand the turmoil going on inside me. 

"Of course we will! If you explain it to us then we definitely will." Di said as she held my hands.

"I don't know, I might just be overreacting!" I stated.

"No Nandini! If it's bothering you then it's bothering you. Just tell us." Di further added.

"It's Manik! He, he..."

"What did he do? Has he done something wrong?" Jiju immediately questioned. The protective big brother in him started to show.

"Cabir calm down! Let her finish first!" Di said in an attempt to calm him down.

"Jiju he hasn't done anything wrong. He's a lovely guy jiju, he's so caring, so respectful, and so loving. Di, he's the first guy whom I've spent so much time with and I've enjoyed every moment. You know how I am, I run away from boys but I found myself running towards Manik. He's amazing! He really is." I found myself defending Manik. After all, he hadn't done anything wrong.