Chapter 25 - The confused souls

Manik's P.O.V:

It had been around 10-15 minutes and none of us said a word. We both took in a moment to enjoy each other's company. I enjoyed the quiet but I knew I had to speak to her about what happened earlier.

"You and Hardik are friends now?" I asked softly.

"Yeahhh!" She said as she placed her cup on the table and took a deep sigh. She seemed like she was preparing herself for this conversation.

"Cool! How did it happen?" I asked pretending to not be affected but frankly speaking I was. I mean I'm happy they're friends, but what if they turn into something more than friends. No, he's not her type. Then again, who is her type? She's a confused woman who runs from relationships.

"Oh I told him he was a lovely guy but I just wasn't interested that way. Dude, he asked for my permission before touching me during that dance. How many guys even do that these days? He doesn't have bad intentions. I forwarded a hand of friendship because I found him to be a genuine guy!" She replied honestly but I felt pain listening to her. I do, I ask all the time before touching any woman. Matlab Hardik kaa notice kiya but not mine!

"Nice!" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Sooooo, why the dance with Rose?" She asked. I guess it was now her turn to interrogate.

"Because it was a part of the game!" I replied and honestly, I wasn't lying.

"The game required us to dance with different people. Just dance Manik, not romance!" She said a little loudly.

"You call that romance? Zindagi mai kabhi romance experience bhi kiya hai?" I said with a sarcastic giggle.

"Not funny Manik! You were so close to her, it was not needed!" She said irritatedly as she got out of her seat and started walking around.

"Nandini, why do you care if I dance with Rose or not? Why do you care if I'm close to her?" I said as I got up and held her by her hands to stop her from moving.

"I don't care if you dance with Rose or anybody else but there's a limit. You were getting so close to her, I felt uncomfortable seeing you both!" She said a little softly this time.

"Acha? And why is that?" I asked as I stared into her watery eyes which held mixed emotions.

"Honestly Manik, I don't know. I really don't know. All I know is that it hurt. It hurt to see her so close to you." She said as her tears finally made their way down.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you like that!" I said as I immediately wiped her tears.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm being really petty right now. It shouldn't matter to me what you do with your life. I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm feeling like this. I have no right to behave like this." She said as she pushed herself away from my hold and started pacing up and down again. This girl can not stand still when someone is having a conversation with her.

"You have every right Nandini. You have every right!" I exclaimed.

"Why is that Manik? Why do I have every right?" She questioned as she finally stopped walking around and faced me.

"You know the answer to that Nandini. You know why I felt jealous and uncomfortable seeing you with Hardik. You know why you felt uncomfortable seeing me with Rose, but you are refusing to listen to your heart. Just listen to what your heart wants Nandini, just once." I said softly as I sat down with a deep sigh.