Chapter 23 - A new friend!

"Doctor Chachi!!! Yayyy!" Amayra screamed as I approached her, Zoya, and Aditya.

"Amayra baby! It's masi!" Zoya explained to her daughter as she smirked at Manik.

"Oh yesssshhhh. Sorry!" She said as she held her ears.

"It's okay baby. It's lovely to meet you again." I said as I pulled her cheeks and gave her a kiss.

"How are you Nandini?" Zoya said as she took me in a hug.

"I'm amazing di! Hope you are too!" I replied chirpily.

"I'm here also! Mujh sai bhi koi milo!" Aditya said.

"Of course! How can I forget about you?" I said as he took me in for a hug.

"So what's the scene between you two then?" Aditya asked.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Oh don't act innocent! We've seen the news!" He stated.

"The news isn't always true!" Manik exclaimed.

"Fair point! But I've observed you both together." He said.

"Bhai, there's no scene between us! We're just spending time together getting to know each other. She's starting to become a good friend of mine." Manik explained.

"A good friend who he day dreams about every single day!" Virat said as he walked up to us with Anushka by his side.

"Virat! Not funny!" Manik said sternly.

"Boys will be boys! Lovely to see you again Nandini!" Anushka said as she took me in for a hug.

"Lovely to see you too Anushka, and I must say you look gorgeous tonight!" I replied with a smile. She was looking breathtakingly gorgeous in that dusty pink gown.

"You don't look any less! Ooooh matching crowns eh?" She said with a smirk as she noticed mine and Manik's crowns.

"Oh it was Ziva!" I explained.

"You know Nandini, children never lie. She clearly thought you were the perfect princess for her uncle Manik." Anushka said with a smirk.

"It's nothing like that!" I exclaimed.

"Yo everyone! Meet my princess for the night!" Hardik said as he approached us with a familiar figure.

"Rose??" Manik questioned.

"Yeahh! I'm single, she's single! Besides, someone stole my princess and someone stole her prince." Hardik said with a smirk. He was trying to crack a joke but none of us found it funny.

"Exactly! I did not expect this from you Manik!" Rose said with a sad pout. Rose is after Manik since years, but Manik has never shown an interest in her.

"Enough messing around guys. This is a party, everybody chill out! Manik, Hardik, Aditya, come let's meet the rest of the boys!" Virat said as he dragged the boys away. Rose too left to do her own thing. I was left with Anushka and Zoya.

"Sure, let's go! Nandini you'll be fine right?" Manik asked before he left.

"Manik, I'm not a kid! I'll be fine!" I replied. It was so sweet of him to care.

"So Nandini! Spill it out!" Anushka exclaimed as soon as the boys were out of sight.

"Spill what?" I asked innocently but I knew where this was going.