1.9

Luke's voice was quiet and muffled as he said my name repetitively, trying to wake me up completely from slumber. I don't remember falling asleep, but I'm sure both of us ended up sleeping for a bit. I had been awake for a little while now, maybe just a few minutes- if that- and I was in the going-back-to-sleep state until Luke said my name a few times.

I blinked my eyes open, lifting a hand to rub my eyes to get rid of the tiredness. Luke was facing me, laying on his side. He was smiling at me and had stopped saying my name.

"Finally," He chuckled, "I've been awake for awhile now, and I was thinking.."

"Don't talk," I mumbled, glancing at him, "Give me a bit. I just woke up."

Luke let out a laugh, the one where it goes high for a little bit with his eyes closed. I smiled at him before moving slightly in my spot so our faces were levelled.

We stared at each other for a few seconds before he leaned forward a little, giving me a quick kiss.

"Okay, so, I was thinking," Luke murmured, putting a hand on my back and pulling me a bit closer, "We should go on a date today. I'll take you out for dinner." He grinned, playing with the bottom of my shirt. The coldness of his fingers touching my skin made me shudder a little, but I felt like I could melt into it.

"Tonight? Do you think I could go home and get ready then?" I blushed, looking into his eyes. His eyes were always one of my favourite things about him and how they were such a contrast to everything else about him.

Luke nodded, a smile sketched onto his face, "Of course. I need to get ready too." He murmured, sitting up in the middle of the nest we had also fallen asleep in from before. I sat up with him, sighing softly at the loss of his touch against my back.

As we got up, I became hesitant, glancing over at him. "Didn't you say you had work today?"

Luke paused, but nodded at me, "I quit today. I didn't like being there much."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

I just nodded, not having anything else to say.

**

"I'll be back in two hours, alright?" Luke murmured, leaning over the console and kissing my cheek. I blushed at the small gesture and nodded before climbing out of his car, giving him a wide smile before shutting the door.

As he drove off, I walked inside the house quickly. My Mom was home, I knew it. Her car was parked outside and I just hoped she was smart enough not to bother me right now.

As soon as I walked in, I walked to the bathroom, feeling the need to shower since I was going on a date with Luke again.

When I finished, I rushed to my room, still thankful for the fact that I hadn't heard my Mom call me at all yet. I was hoping she wouldn't at all.

Luke said he wanted to go for dinner, so that meant something fancy or something along the lines of that. I didn't have anything fancy, really. I don't think I even own a dress.

I did what I could by getting dressed in black jeans and a light brown knit sweater. I wasn't one for dressing up much, but this would do.

After everything, I still had a little while to wait. Maybe half an hour. I spent that time putting a decent amount of clothes in a small suit-case. My only reason for doing this was I imagined I was going to be at Luke's house a lot more, like I have been. It's not like I was moving in, it would just save us time and I would have my own clothes to wear, instead of always wearing his even though I liked wearing his shirts (but I'll probably still end up wearing them, anyways).