3.3

Luke's POV

Jem didn't work today, but I did. It felt a little weird to be doing something without her by my side, but I had to get used to it. Michael was working, too, which was good. At least I wouldn't be alone.

I showed up a lot earlier than he did, which was fine. Michael was loud. It was good to have a few moments to myself every once in awhile.

"Hey!" Michael huffed, punching my shoulder with a bit of force, "What went on last week? Y'know, with Ashton?"

"First of all," I muttered, rubbing my shoulder lightly, "That hurt. If you punch me again, I'll punch you back, harder."

He shrugged, crossing his arms, "Wouldn't be the first time I've gotten punched in the face."

"Wh- Okay, no, shut up," I rolled my eyes, giving him a look, "Second of all, it was.. okay."

"What happened with him?"

"I went there, we talked a little about him and he was surprisingly calm about me being there, actually. Something seemed different about him."

Michael nodded at my words but didn't look at me. "I kinda felt that too, he seemed less.. childish.. right?"

I nodded, biting my lip, "Yeah, something like that. More serious. But, he said he was seeing someone that was helping him figure stuff out. He thinks that he has something wrong with him."

Michael shrugged, glancing at me, "Who knows, really? Ashton is so confusing.. I don't get him. I dont think I've ever actually hated him," He paused, giving me a light nudge, "I hated what he did to you and how he treated you. But I've never hated him."

I nodded, understanding what he was saying. I didn't know what else to say about what happened with Ashton.

For a minute, all you could hear was the music playing in the speakers quietly.

"Do you think he'll come back?" Michael asked softly, turning to me fully. I shrugged, looking at him, "I don't know. I think he will. But, like you said," I murmured, crossing my arms over my chest, "Who knows with Ashton?"

**

"It was so weird not being with you today," Jem laughed, giving my hand a squeeze as I grabbed it. "I felt so out of place."

"I did, too," I grinned, placing my free hand on her back and pulling her a little closer to me, "But I could look forward to seeing you, so. Something kept me going."

Jem flashed me a bright smile as she leant up, kissing my nose lightly. Her hands were both placed on the nape of my neck, which had sent shivers down my back. I didn't know if it was because her hands were cold, or because it was her. Probably both.

"I need to talk to you." I spoke under my breath, looking at her more seriously.

"About..?" She asked, her voice suddenly quiet. She drew her head back from where it was, giving me a look.

I chuckled lightly, taking one of her hands from where it was resting on my shoulder and giving her knuckles a light kiss. "It's not bad, don't worry," I murmured, leaning down to give her a quick kiss, "but it is really important."

"Okay, yeah.. what is it?"

I cleared my throat, squeezing Jems hand lightly, "You know how the other day you mentioned how you felt you were 'just there', at my place? You didn't like how I talked about home."

Jem nodded, furrowing her eyebrows slightly. Her eyes barely squinted, showing me just a bit of her glassy blue eyes.

I opened my mouth to speak again, starting to feel extremely nervous about the subject.

"You don't have to," I said quickly, laughing awkwardly, "but it'd be nice.."

"Spit it out, Luke."

"Do you want to move in with me, like.. officially?"

//

give it up for late and short chapters

this is just a filler!!!!!!! but hey¡ some stuff happened

i dont have anything to say other than this fic is going to be ending probably within the next few weeks,, depending on how my writing comes around. but!! theres always my other ashton fic, paralyze, which i'll be writing after this and soon i'll be posting a calum fic called maps!!

i hope this will get u thru the week :-) love u guys

- nemo (still liberty jus new name thx)