1.8

(note: you should really, really listen to the acoustic of "take my pain away" by anarbor while reading!)

"So, I'm sorry for not answering you at all last night." Luke murmured, his voice coming out low and soft with every word. "I was at the hospital with my Mum. I ended up staying longer than I expected." He sighed after, pulling me closer into his embrace with an arm. We had been laying together for awhile now, just talking through on and off silence.

I shrugged my shoulders as much as I could, burying my face comfortably into the crook of his neck and shoulder with a relaxed sigh.

"It's okay," I said softly, "The night ended up being okay."

Luke nodded and dropped his head back into the pillow, humming the tune to a song I vaguely recognized. It sounded a little familiar, though. I've probably heard it a few times before.

[You get me high like cocaine, we're moving faster than a free-way, and I can feel you in my veins.]

Not a minute passed before I sat up abruptly and interlocked my fingers with Luke's in a rush. His eyes snapped open and he looked at me oddly, confused as to why I moved without warning and no hesitation.

"Music note," I said softly, reciting the nick-name I feel as if I hadn't said in awhile as I played with his fingers, "Why haven't I heard you like, sing or anything before?"

Luke gave me a look, the corner of his lip caught between his teeth, "I don't know. It never really came up."

"I've been to your guys' band practice before, only once though. You guys didn't really.. do anything, actually." I mumbled to not anyone specifically, but he still nodded along to my statement. "I mean, there was the one time we had cold coffee, but.. that wasn't for very long, you know?"

"I mean.. I can, now. If you want."

I looked at him and let a smile take over my face as I nodded at his offer. I really wanted to hear how he sounded when he really gets into the music. I feel like he has a strong voice, depending on the song.

Luke gave me a sheepish smile and got up from his place on the bed. When we got back to his house, we both ran upstairs to his room. When he started putting the clothes from Calum's away, I began making the blankets and pillows on Lukes bed into a big circle, like a nest almost. The two of us had been laying in the center of it since we got back, really.

He opened his closet and pulled out a black guitar case and brought it back to the bed. Luke got comfortable sitting up in the "nest" before he opened the case, revealing an acoustic guitar that he pulled out and positioned on his lap.

"I.. really don't know what to play," Luke sighs, strumming random strings but making it sound okay. I didn't play any instruments really, so even at Luke's small attempt to make such a nice sound, I happened to be amazed.

Luke amazed me.

He gave me a look I couldn't identify before he looked down at his guitar, playing a song that sounded familiar. It sounded like the song he was humming a little while before.

A few seconds passed with Luke lightly bobbing his head to the soft guitar before he started singing. He didn't look at me, he just looked down as he sang, concentrating on the words and on the strings.

[You got a feeling, bet it keeps you up at night. You know that I'm leavin', but everything will be alright and even when I'm miles away...]

Luke surely had his eyes closed now as he sang the lyrics that slowly came back to me. I recognized this song, he played it around me a few times, enough for me to know the words at some points.

[You get me high like cocaine, we're moving faster than a free-way, and I can feel you in my veins. Baby, take my pain away.]

I was reciting the lyrics in my head as they were sung and I just watched him as he played, now often taking a few seconds to look at me before glancing down at the guitar again. He was smiling as he sang, but I couldn't think why.

[Hit me like a kick drum, love me like we're still young. We're older but we're still the same. Baby, take my pain away.]

After the chorus, he looked at me again, the smile even wider than before. He let out a soft, short laugh and we both just smiled at each other for a little while. His voice was one of the best things I've ever heard in the world. It mixed in with the music well, and it flowed nicely with every word there was to sing.

[So, this ain't easy. I'll make it worth it if you see it through. Days we're not speakin', you probably think I'm over you...]

The chorus came up again and he didn't look away from me for the rest of the song. Once or twice maybe, he glanced back at the guitar. When he finished, he sheepishly put the guitar back into it's safe confinement of the case.

"You're great."

"You think so?"

"Yeah, you're pretty good at singing too."

Luke snorted, rolling his eyes playfully before locking the case and setting it carefully on the floor. "Well you're pretty great, too." He grinned, leaning toward me, to which I also did to him.

We met half-way and joined in a kiss. Luke's hands found their way to my waist, pulling me a tad closer as both of our eyes shut at the touch.

Luke leaned back a little bit, bringing us both down. He laid on his back, only the pillows were under our weight since he pulled me onto him.

After a small while, we parted. His hands still remained on my waist, though.

We laid there in silence for a little bit, our uneven breaths being the only sound in the room. I don't know what he was thinking about, but I was thinking about him. All I ever thought about was him.

"Jem," Luke said, in the same voice he always did when he had something on his mind. "What's stopping you from calling me your boyfriend?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all." I whispered, as if speaking too loud would shatter us like porcelain being touched too harshly.

"Okay," He paused for a few seconds, "Then will you call me your boyfriend?"

"Will you call me your girlfriend?"

"Yes, of course," Luke mumbled, laughing a little afterwards. One of his hands grabbed mine, interlocking our fingers.

"Then.. yes, of course, Luke." I murmured, running my smaller thumb over his.

//

oh GOODNESS

i am EXICTED that this happened i hope u guys liked this as much as i did, also this song is so nice and irl jem loves it

um YEET ok i dont know what to say really !!! but stuff is happening soon ,,, prepare

also i apologize if the lyrics aren't correct !! part of them made me a lil confused //:

ok yes follow my ig, cptnclifford or k.erosene (personal) and stuff :-)

cya!!!

- liblob