Life and Death

Chapter 47

Yelling woke me up from my sleep, but my eyes did not want to open at all. Panic began to settle on my mind as I began to recognize the voices. To make matter's worse, I was still trembling.

"She's not waking up!" Stiles yelled, but he sounded so distant, "I think they're having seizures!"

"He's Alive!" Allison called out, much farther then Stiles sounded.

"Hey," Stiles spoke up again, "We need to get them to the hospital."

"Derek," I could barely make out Erica's voice, "Only to Derek."

"When we get them to the hospital-" Scott began but was cut off by Erica with desperation.

"To Derek," she breathed out, "To Derek."

There was a pause as I finally opened my eyes and spoke up for the first time in a whisper, "Get her out of here..."

"Juliette!" they all yelled in shock.

"My mom would know what to do with me," I continued, "Get her to Derek. He's her Alpha... Go!"

That got everyone to become silent, all looking at me. Stiles was struggling with what he wanted to do but then nodded, giving me a final kiss which caused me to finally stop trembling. He seemed to calm down with that and went to pick up Erica to take to his Jeep. Scott stood there, struggling with what to do.

"Scott!" Stiles exclaimed as he began to walk out of the library with Erica in his arms.

He glanced over to me, struggling to rush over to me. I closed my eyes, trying to start focusing my mind on healing myself. I drowned out Scott and Allison as they began their game of emotional tug of war. I must have fainted once more because the next thing I saw when I opened my eyes was that I was in an ambulance with Allison talking to the paramedic.

"It's good to see you are awake," the paramedic announced, noticing that I had opened my eyes, "We need you to stay awake now, Miss. We don't know what it can do to your brain every time you go under."

"My mom..." I spoke up, fogging up the air mask covering my mouth, "Doctor Jessica Barnett... You need to take me to her... She'll know what to do."

"Save your breath," the paramedic spoke up trying to keep me from using too much energy, "We're almost to the hospital."

Allison took my hand and stated, "I call your mom, she's waiting for your arrival. Don't worry, just hold-"

She was cut off when my phone began to ring.

"Hello?" she answered it right away, "We're still in the ambulance- Wait, are you sure? -Okay, I'll tell Miss Barnett about it."

"Was that Stiles?" I asked, my voice sounding distant no.

She didn't look at me as she texted me on my phone. My guess was that she was texting what she was just told to my mother.

Finally, she nodded as she neared the end of her sentence, "Yeah, he told me about Erica. She seems to be doing okay now."

I nodded, closing my eyes.

The ambulance stopped and I was quickly pulled out of the back in the gurney. My mother rushed over to me, along with Melissa as she tends to be her go-to nurse. The paramedic began to tell them about my vitals as the other nurse stops Allison from following after us.

"What's going on, baby?" my mother asked leaning close to me.

I looked at her, my eyes to blurry to focus on her face, "Kanima toxin... I think I'm having a reaction from it... I can't heal..."