Chapter 25: Enter the Digiverse

The group climbs out of the Serpentine's tomb and silently make their way towards Borg's tower. Thoughts were filling Y/n's head.

Pythor. The name rang throughout Y/n's head. Where have I heard that name before? She thinks, puzzled.

Flashback:

"Why hello little girl!" A voice says to a little girl as she sobs in the streets.

The girl looks up, tears in her eyes and hair sticking to her wet face.

"H-hello?" She whispers, looking towards the voice.

"Why are you crying?"

"My-my parents. They're gone." The little girl begins to cry again.

"Oh. I'm so sorry." The figure makes it's way into the light, revealing a dark purple snake-man.

The girl gasps and shrinks back further into her small corner.

"Don't be scared!" The snake man stops and throws his hands up. "My name is Pythor. Maybe we can be friends!"

The girl slowly relaxes and looks towards the snake-man who has a smile plastered on his face. She wipes the tears off her face and forces a smile onto it.

"Really?"

"Yes!" The snake-man smiles. "What's your name?"

"Y-Y/n." She hiccups.

"Y/n. That's a nice name." The snake man smiles, but something didn't seem right. The girl shrinks back. "What's wrong?"

"My parents told me to not talk to strangers."

"Well, we aren't strangers now. I know your name, and you know my name."

"Still..." the girl fumbles around with her hands.

"Fine. If you want to play it that way, we can." An evil smile creeps across his face.

Before anything can happen, a blast sounds from across the block and the snake panics. Before the girl knew, the snake disappeared, leaving the girl alone.

3rd POV in Present:

As Y/n stares off, Kai turns to her and snaps her back into reality.

"Hey, Y/n? You okay?" He asks softly.

"Wha? Oh! Uh yeah... I just remembered something." The girl looks down as the group reaches the building.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asks, stopping.

"I'm fine. It's alright," Y/n gives a reassuring smile to the boy and they walk towards the staircase.

As they look up, their jaws drop. Jay is the first one to speak.

"Aw! You've got to be kidding me!" He screams.

Y/n laughs and grabs his hand, along with Kai's. The two boys look at her, confused, but their cheeks tint a light pinkish color.

"Hold on. I can get us up there." She smiles as the others latch onto the chain.

Concentrating, Y/n closes her eyes and imagines the 100th floor. Within seconds, she feels her energy leave her. As she pries her eyes open, she sees Borg and Pixal, but then her world turns dark and she collapses to the ground.

The last thing she remembers before going entirely out is the boys yelling in unison, "Y/n!"

Y/n slowly feels herself waking up and pries her eyes open. She sees Pixal plugging a cord to herself while Cyrus and Nya walk around, trying to set up something on a computer. She sits up, noticing that Kai, Cole, Zane, and Jay aren't there. Immediately, she feels a gentle hand on her back.