Chapter 24: Snake Pit

Start from the beginning

Jay looks up and meets her gaze and then smiles lightly. "You're right. I have other people to hang out with. I shouldn't worry about it."

The two smile and then walk off, talking about the adventures that happened after the group separated. Eventually they catch up to the rest of the group and Y/n makes her way to Cole while Jay sticks with Kai, Zane, and Pixal.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?" Y/n tugs on Coles sleeve gently.

"Uh, yeah sure. What about?" He asks.

"I mean, alone." She gestures towards the back of the group.

"I- Uh. Sure?" He smiles awkwardly and follows Y/n to the back of the group.

"Do you know what you did to Jay?" Y/n hisses furiously.

"Woah woah woah. What? What do you mean?" Cole throws his hands up defensively.

"With Nya. You know the two of you are best friends! Why did you have to betray his trust? You crushed him!" Y/n snaps.

"Okay. I'm lost. What happened?"

"The Perfect Match Machine!"

"Okay... what about it?"

"Did Nya ever tell you about it?"

Cole furrows his eyebrows and looks around. "Um well... she Uh..."

"Yes or no?" Y/n growls.

"Yes." Cole avoids all eye contact with the girl.

Y/n throws her arms up in the air and turns around, scoffing. "I can't believe you. You knew that Jay liked her! You knew! You didn't find a way to even tell him?!"

"Well, I-"

"Well what?" Y/n glares at him.

Cole stumbles for words but can't seem to find anything to say.

"I can't believe you. Okay? That was cruel, harsh, and mean! No friend does that!" She says before storming off towards the rest of the group, leaving Cole dumbfounded in the sand.

Eventually the group arrives in the city to find machines littered in piles throughout the streets, smoke coming from some. The whole place is a wreck.

"What happened?" Kai mumbles, reaching for Y/n's hand.

"No power, that's what happened." Cole speaks up for the first time in a while.

"Are we too late?" Zane asks, taking another step forwards.

As his foot hits the ground, people come rushing out from a nearby pile of destroyed machines. They leap out with pitchforks and other modern day objects, threatening to attack.

"Outsiders must answer to the Postman!" The familiar postman yells to the small group. "Return to sender!"

As the group slowly backs up and away, a recognizable man in a wheelchair rolls out. "Ah, you finally made it. Don't mind the savages. Since power went out, everyone here has grown a bit bored. Their imagination knows no bounds." He rolls his eyes, and they land on Pixal. "P.I.X.A.L., amazing! You're...powered."