*

We were sat around the table. Me, Mom and Chris. We were all trying to eat without realizing what we could hear. It happened a lot, so we were used to it. But still, everytime that it happened we all were shocked.

"FUCK!" Hunter screamed. He was in our bedroom, and he was screaming and thrashing and throwing things around. We could hear things being broken and smashes and there were so many bangs and shouts along with Hunter's desperate screams.

He did this when he was really angry. And I don't mean, he lost his phone angry. I mean he was most likely having a melt down.

The last time he did this, we found out that he had severe depression. He'd just been so angry, he was practically lashing out every single day at the fucking wall. So Chris took him to a psychiatrist, who kept Hunter in a safe place in the hospital for a few nights, and when he came out he came out with a perscription for an incredibly high dosage of prozap.

Thing is, we didn't know what the fuck was wrong. Apart from him getting drunk and being off his meds for a few days, but that was over a week ago. There was nothing in our lives that seemed to be affecting him.

"Fuck," I hissed under my breath. Hunter had made an incredibly loud bang and it had scared the living hell out of me. I wanted to go scream at him to calm the fuck down, but I couldn't. When Hunter was like this, I was scared of him. I mean, he'd given Chris a black eye in his sleep. He'd broken his own hand by punching. Hunter was seriously dangerous for a 16 year old boy.

I looked at Chris slowly and he was burrying his face in his hands. He stayed like that for a little while before standing up from the table, and making his way towards the door.

"Are you ok, sweetie?" Mom asked me; placing her hand on my own.

"I can't deal with this," I confessed. "If Hunter's not angry as fuck, then he's depressed as fuck. I can't do anything without it setting him off. I can't live like this, it's freaking torture."

"I know it's hard Kat but-"

"But what? He'll get better?"

"One day,"

"No," I rolled my eyes. "Hunter's not going to get better. The only way he'll get better is if he lets someone help him. And seriously, do you see that happening anytime soon?"

*

"What was wrong with him?" I asked Chris as he walked back into the kitchen after 30 minutes or so. I was making a smoothie because there was nothing else to do, and sat up on the counter.

"He's just upset," Chris murmured as he reached into one of the cupboards. He pulled out the first aid kit and I bit my lip in worry.

"Please tell me he's not-"

"I did everything I could," he whispered. "I hid the razors..told you to keep your straightners out of his sight-"

"I did!"

"I know," he said.

"What did he use?"

"Forced the blade out of a sharpener..smashed the mirror to use the glass. Hell, he even used a rubber to burn himself,"

"Can you even do that?"

"It can scar for years,"

"Oh my God," I groaned. "Why has he done it?"

"It's personal. I can't tell you," he admitted. "But I am so sorry for this Kat. Your Mom and I know how much you're struggling to deal with everything that Hunter goes through,"