[ Chapter 27 ]

AN } Hey guys! Well that's it, exams out the way! Was a horrible two months but the worst part was knowing I was leaving all of yous! Back now, and back to business. Enjoy : )

*3rd Person*

"Hello? Chris? Are you even there? Do you even want to know how our boy is doing?"

Our boy. That made Chris visibly cringe, how could the man say that? Hunter was his boy, no one else's. His to look after, his to protect, his to love. But he'd failed. Because where was Hunter now? Certainly not being looked after, protected, especially not loved. Or maybe so, in John's own sick way.

"Chris please talk," Kat pleaded in a whisper from at the side of him, tears streaming down her face as she wrapped her arms around herself. Kat, he had to protect her too. He had to do this for her too. And that's why with a shaky breath and uncertain voice, Chris breathed into the phone.

"Let me speak to Hunter,"

"Finally he speaks!" John chuckled, sounding strangely amused and happy with himself. His laughs finally died down though, and he spoke in a growl. "He speaks when I allow him to."

Chris bit back a snarl. "You asked if I wanted to know how he's doing. I do. I want him to tell me himself."

"Afraid that's not gonna happen. Like I said, he speaks when I allow him to. And right now, he doesn't deserve to. I however, would just love to speak to you. Tell me Chris, did he ever scream like this for you?"

All that ripped through the static on the phone then was a blood-curdling scream, muffled in it's efforts but still a horrifying sound. Chris caught Kat covering her mouth in shock through the corner of his eye but made no attempt to protest himself. He could barely bring himself to believe it, let alone think of how that scream was forced out of his sons body.

"Stop it," he begged. "We'll do anything you want just, stop it, stop hurting him-"

"Answer my question then," John pushed; another scream, "did he ever scream like this for you?" A broken sob, a whimper, a-

"No," Chris cried out. "No he didn't, no."

"Hmm," John mused; and they could practically hear the smirk on his face. "What a shame. It is a beautiful sound though, isn't it? Makes me so proud, that he only does it for me."

"You're sick!" Kat suddenly yelled from the side, standing up and screaming at the phone as if it were John himself. "You bastard! He's just a kid! He's done nothing to you, just let him go! Just let him-"

"Come on, honey." Lisa murmured, pulling Kat up into her arms and leading her out of the room without any sound of protest, only sobbing. Chris considered following them, making sure his near enough daughter was okay. But this was about Hunter, he needed to focus on Hunter.

"Finally! I thought your girlfriend would never make an appearance, son." John laughed from the phone. "She's your sister though, isn't she? Bit sick, isn't it?"