{ Chapter 12 }

first i'm sorry for lack of updates. it's cause i'm trying to sort myself out as well as exams and tbh i don't have much energy to write anymore. but i am trying. so thanks for sticking with me beautifuls. 2nd, it's short. it's really short. don't hate me. i'll work harder on the next one x

-

( 1 week later) 

Things had been ok. Mom and Chris hadn't fought in over a week and it was really helping Hunter. They were sorting things out and spoke to me and Hunter about how sorry they were for their actions. Hunter, of course didn't forgive my Mom and stormed out of the room but I didn't blame him. Mom may have been angry but she said unforgivable things.

Chris and Hunter had talked things out and it seemed like things were going pretty well. Of course Hunter was still a traumatized, angry, terrifying delinquent. But he was also adorable and my friend. Mom and Chris not fighting hadn't reduced his nightmares or his flashbacks which could happen at the most random moments. We were having dinner once and he went completely quiet. After 5 minutes, he was screaming hysterically and throwing punches at whoever tried to help him.

He calmed down though and he didn't even remember what had happened.

Hunter went to therapy an hour ago with Chris and me and Mom were just awkwardly sitting on the couch. I hadn't forgivven her either but I was being civil for Hunter's sake.

"So how are you and Josh?"

I looked at my Mom and laughed. "Do you pay attention to anything around here? We broke up,"

"Why?"

"He was being a dick and punched me in the stomach,"

Mom looked at me in shock, dropping her book and leaning towards me. "Are you serious?"

"Why would I lie about something like that?"

"Oh god," she groaned. "Right ok, we'll phone the police and we'll get this sorted, ok? He'll never hurt you again-"

"Doesn't matter," I brushed her off. "Hunter already sorted him out,"

"Hunter? You told Hunter but not me? Kat, I'm your Mother. He's just a-"

"Don't," I snapped. I pulled myself up and frowned at her. I heard the front door open but I continued anyway. "Don't you dare say shit about him to me. He stuck up for me when you didn't. He was there for me when you weren't around. He's an ass sometimes but it's not his fault and I don't care. He's my friend. Which is more than I can say about you,"

"Kat-" she stood up after me but I shook my head and walked into the hallway. Hunter had just walked past me with his head hanging down and Chris smiled at me before realizing my face.

"What happened?"

"Sort your wife out," I muttered before following Hunter into the bedroom.

I didn't have time to think when I closed the door. I saw Hunter's fist clenching and I dashed forwards to tug him back from the wall. He groaned at me in frustration and shoved me away from him, dropping down onto his bed with his head in his hands.

"Don't you dare be an ass to me right now," I hissed. "Do you realize I just stuck up for you against my Mom? And stopped you from possibly breaking your hand? Show some appreciation once in a while, Hunter."

"And I beat a guy up for you, we're even." He growled back.

"What is up with you? I know you just had therapy but there's no reason to be a dick,"

"I can't be fucked talking to you right now," he muttered. "Can you just fuck off?"

"No,"

He looked up at me, his eyes red. "Why the fuck not?!"