Chapter One: Let's Find The One Who Destroyed My Life

"HOLY FUCK, DID THAT HAPPY-GO-LUCKY GIRL JUST GET HER HAPPILY-EVER-AFTER?!" 

Sadie threw the velvet leather book onto the floor and heeled it with her stilettos. Anger had boiled up into her head as she grabbed the book and threw it right into the trash can. She kicked the trash can with all of her might and then angrily stormed out of the library.  

Everyone in the silent library watched Sadie quietly and murmured behind her back. The librarian headed towards Sadie in an angry manner and then said: "Miss, please refrain from throwing our books into the trashcan." 

Sadie smiled and said: "This is not your book, I'm just donating it to the trashcan of a library."

"Excuse me?" 

"I said I'm just donating it." 

"Well, the trash can is definitely not a donation box for books." 

"Sorry, it seems that my arms, eyes, ears, legs, and entire body mistook the trashcan for a donation box." 

 "Books are meant to be respected and authors who had poured their sweat, blood, and tears to make this book and did not expect their readers to throw their work into the trash." 

"I'm sorry, it felt like the book came from the trash, so I put it back in the trash. I mean there was no name mentioning the author." Sadie responded back as she stared into the reflection of her face in her fingernails.

"But I think the author of the book did not come from the trash can. Please have some respect." 

"Ah Oh my! How rude of me!" Sadie smiled again, lifted the book from the trash can and threw it straight into the recycling bin. 

"Is that better? Oh my god! I was just about to put the entire planet at risk! That was a close call, thank you!" 

"I mean... but..."   

The librarian pressed her lips in frustration as Sadie bowed and left the library for once and for all. Sadie clenched the rim of the steering wheel and anger and then pushed down onto the accelerator. 

"Let's find that damn author who ruined my life. Once I do, I'll make sure they'll never be able to tell stories again." 

***

***

***

"YOU ARE NOTHING TO US." 

The voice echoed past Sadie Chesire's ears as she clenched her fingers together and bit her lips. She kneeled on the floor, begging, as she held back her tears. Her voice refused to come out as she stared up at the people who ruined her life. 

What had she done wrong? Where did everything mess up? 

"If you ever try to compare yourself to our Lucullia, try jumping off a cliff, and then we might reconsider." 

"What a two-faced bitch. Who even knows, maybe Lucullia was way better being born from the Duchess's womb instead of you!" 

"I never had a daughter like you. It's better if you never showed your face on my doorstep ever again." 

***

***

***

"HAHAHA! FINALLY FOUND YOU!"  Sadie cried as stepped on the brakes and parked her car. The place was a suburban small apartment complex, shabby but not the worst. Sadie wondered why the author had lived in such a small place. 

"Okay, Apartment number... 49?" Sadie looked around and saw a small child sitting on one of the steps of the stair looking up at the sky blindingly. Her eyes scanned the bandages around his arms and a cut upon his wrist.