"What are your thoughts on the addition of Miss Luthor's creative assembly department in LexCorp?"

"We have heard that you had yourself worked for some time in her department. How has your experience been so far?"

Absolutely remarkable, the words resonated in his mind and were right at the tip of his tongue. But he knew that if he let it slip from his mouth, he would be giving them more reason to churn out theories regarding him and Irina.

Not that they were wrong though. In fact, the problem was that the press was absolutely right this time.

He managed to get the interview done as quick as possible but when he glanced back at the place where she had been standing moments earlier, she had already left.

Disappointment crossed his features but being rather accustomed to acting polite on such events, he schooled his expression and turned back to the guests.

The event was in full swing, drinks were passing around and he had even spotted Jason and his girlfriend Helena owning the bar. Richard and Barbara were among the first couples to take to the dance floor, while Damian was lurking around with a disgusted frown on his face which was his usual expression at parties or formal gatherings.

Out of courtesy and host etiquette, he passed from table to table ensuring that the guests had everything to their heart's desire.

Not long had passed till he spotted her again. Tim had always known that she was stunning but at that moment her beauty seemed ethereal to him. Mesmerizing him fully under an enchanting spell.

She was walking with her little entourage of fellow business people and reporters, observing Wayne Tech's product display.

And as Tim stood in a corner, admiring her beauty from a distance, he saw how she would make a light remark every now and then punctuated by a delightful laugh, basking in the attention given to her.

One could never think from observing her at the moment that she was the sort of person who preferred distancing herself from the press and paparazzi. Only Tim knew because he had come a lot closer to her than before. But to any other eye, she seemed fully at ease with the limelight, confidently passing from one product to another.

For a second, their eyes met and a beautiful smile graced her features before she lowered her gaze, turning back to the woman on her right.

Tim turned away from the spot knowing that the press would be hypersensitive to both of them on that event and typed out a text: you look gorgeous. I can't keep my eyes off you.

He didn't even have to turn around to know that her gaze was fixed on him and then he heard that laugh again which had always captivated him.

His phone's screen lit up with her reply and a smile danced on his face at seeing the words: you look really handsome too, princess.

***

Most of the interviews had been done. Tim had also addressed all the guests through a conference that elaborated on Wayne Tech's new launches and thanked them for their presence.

Dinner had long been served and by then all the people had taken to the dance floor, simply enjoying the night.

Irina was observing the couples twirling together. She had refused many people who had requested to dance with her and was just seated in a corner, having a glass of champagne.