Chapter 15

I knew it hadn't been long since we had been kidnapped, but it had felt like an eternity.

"I'll ask again. Will you join us?" Shigaraki asked.

"If you're gonna talk in your sleep, then just go to sleep and die!" Katsuki said.

There was a moment of silence.

"You know, Nanami? You haven't given me an answer. You've stayed pretty quiet after the show you gave us with your brother at the beginning," Shigaraki stated as he turned to me.

"First of all, he's not my brother. Never was. Never will be," I said, not even glancing at Katsuki.

"I see. Not the best sibling relationship?" Shigaraki questioned.

"Of course, not. He doesn't treat me like a human being, much less like family. I don't matter to him."

"Well, you matter to us. We'll treat you the way you deserve to be treated. With respect. We'll treat you like an equal. Join us," Shigaraki said.

"You know... I was thinking that I may just take you up on that offer," I said.

"Nani! Don't you fucking dare!" Katsuki yelled at me.

"What are you going to do about it, huh? You didn't care before. Why start now?" I yelled back.

"You can't just fucking join them!"

"I sure as hell can! What's going to stop me?"

Katsuki remained silent, unsure of what to respond.

"So, Nanami. What's your final answer?" Shigaraki said.

"Nanami, don't," Katsuki said, almost pleading.

The fact that he used my actual name makes me want to rethink things, but I know what I have to do. I'm sorry, Katsuki, but...

"I'll join you."

"Excellent choice!"

They took off my handcuffs, and let me walk around.

That's when Shigaraki turned on the TV again. Apparently, U.A. was holding an apology conference meeting, but the press was making U.A. look like the bad guy.

"It's so strange. Why are the heroes being criticized? I guess, the way they were dealing with things were just a little off the mark. Is it because their job is to protect? Everyone makes a mistake or two. Are they supposed to be perfect? Modern-day heroes are so uptight. Don't you think, Bakugo Katsuki?" Shigaraki said.

"Once villains receive compensation to protect people, they aren't heroes anymore. That is Stain's teaching," Spinner, a lizard man, said.

"The strange system of transforming people's lives into money or glory... The society that sticks tight to those rules... The citizens who blame the losers rather than encourage them... Our fight is to question: What is a hero? What is justice? Is this society truly just? We'll have everyone thinking about it. We're planning on winning. You like to win, too, right? Everyone does," Shigaraki said towards Katsuki.

"Dabi, release his restraints," Shigaraki said suddenly.

"Huh? You know, he'll probably fight, right?" Dabi said.

"It's fine. We need to greet him in as an equal as well since we're scouting him," Shigaraki said, "Besides, you can tell if you'll win or not if you fight in this situation, right, U.A. student?"

"Twice, you do it," Dabi said towards one of the other villains.

"What? Me, no way!"

"Do it."