Chapter 4

(Clara's POV)

"No I'm telling you guys, she is crazy."

I was on a FaceTime call with Hunter, Jason, and Noah. I was cleaning my makeup off of my face when the call started, and I can't say no to talking with my boys.

"Who are we talking about again?" I ask, having not payed attention.

"The Geometry teacher. She is always yelling at us. Although to be fair my class is kinda crazy." Jason finishes as he chews on his sandwich.

"Jason tell me again why you are eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich at," Noah pauses to check the time. "midnight?"

Jason shrugs as he takes another bite of his sandwich. "I was hungry."

"Jason why are you taking Geometry your senior year?" I just realized we all take Calculus and he takes Geometry.

"I failed it last year. I suck at anything having to do with math. Will you help me with some homework tomorrow at lunch?" He asks. I am about to say yes when I sigh, remembering my plans with Tessa.

"I'm sorry, I can't. I won't be at lunch tomorrow."

"Why not?" The guys all ask at once, and I chuckle.

"I got paired with Tessa for the Calculus project." I say turning on my TV for background noise while I sleep.

"Isn't that the girl you sort of have a crush on?" Noah asks as Jason raises his eyebrows.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He questions, pouting because I didn't tell him any gossip.

"It was just today and I told Noah I wasn't sure. But no, I definitely don't now." I chuckle.

"Ohh is she rude?" Hunter asks.

I scoff. "She told the teacher she wanted to switch partners. She doesn't even know me yet." I say looking off into the distance.

"Well that still doesn't explain why you won't be at lunch." Jason says.

"She wants to work on our project tomorrow." I say as I lean back into my pillows.

"Don't let her get to you. If she doesn't like you, then just try to be as civil as possible." Noah says. Always trying to be the peaceful one of our group. I don't mind, we need someone to calm us.

"I'll try to be as civil as possible, dad." I say, and we all laugh.

From over the FaceTime call I can hear a door open. Jason's, apparently.

"Jason? Tell the boys and Clara I said hi. But you really should go to bed." We can all hear Jason's mom in the background.

"Mom says hi." Jason says to us. We all tell his mom hi back. She leaves the room and Jason sighs.

"I guess I gotta go." He says as he turns his light off.

"Alright, me too. I'm actually going to attempt to get sleep tonight." I say as I curl up under my covers.

"See you guys tomorrow." Hunter says as Noah waves to us. We all wave at each other and I hang up.

What a bunch of dorks we all are.

~~~

I wake up actually a little refreshed from sleep. I suppose going to bed early actually helped for once.

I hear a knock and turn as my dad opens the door, him smiling at me from the doorway.

"Good morning, kiddo. I didn't hear movement up here so I wasn't sure if you were up yet."