31

Recap:

"I'd think it should be quite difficult considering the bodily state you're in now." Urahara said evenly while smiling even though he wanted nothing more than to shut the kid up and make him go through the training quietly. Before Ichigo could say anything else, Uryuu dropped a pair of gloves and a helmet on the dirt floor.

"Here, please make sure you put those on first, or you will die." she said evenly while pointing one of her fists out in getting into a fighting position, one that she had taken up against Izumi many times. Before Ichigo could even react, the small girl darted forward at the speed of light and appeared right in front of the boy's face mid-air.

Not giving him even a second, she unleashed a powerful sucker punch that created a gigantic creator in her wake. Dust and rocks flew everywhere. Standing off to the side, Urahara covered his face with his open fan, with an unamused expression.

"See, I told you." he mumbled loudly knowing that no one was listening to him anymore, and that the training had finally began.

....

Silently Urahara stood while Jinta and Tessai came to stand beside him. The dust from Uryuu's attack was still clearing, allowing for the young girl to stand silently for a moment. All four spectators were waiting to see exactly what had happened to the boy they were 'training'. 

"I wonder if he's dead?" Tessai said aloud with his arms crossed on his chest. 

"Good question." Urahara trailed off before a little more of the smoke cleared.

"He isn't getting up. Izumi isn't going to be happy." Jinta spoke up as an image of a very angry young girl crossed all of their minds causing them to sweat slightly. All three of them hoped for the best.  

As the watched, Ichigo's body came rolling out of the smoke head first before he jumped up onto his feet and began sprinting in t Uryuu's direction. 

"Ah! There he is! He's running towards her-." he paused and raised an eyebrow. "And he's passed her." All four onlookers watched as he scooped up the head protection Uryuu hadn't given Ichigo a chance to put on. 

"Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit! What the hell was that?!" he exclaimed while sprinting farther away from his opponent, the weight of the study session he was taking part in was finally falling upon his shoulders. "It's instant death if I get hit by that! It might not do any good, but if I can at least put this head gear on!" he glanced down at the one solid piece of material before gazing at the strange tentacle looking parts coming out of the sides. 

"How the hell do I even put this thing on!?" he cried while continuing to sprint away, he didn't care where he was going, all he knew was that, that little girl was definitely not normal. An image of his best friend giggling like a mad woman came to his mind; of course the little girl wasn't normal. He shook his head. Izumi considered her a little sister, so she would have to be super strong. He felt like such an idiot for underestimating his opponent. 

"Kurosaki-san! Kurosaki-san!!" Urahara called from the sidelines while tying an imaginary headband around his forehead for an example. "Like this!" He gestured. "You put it on like this! Put it on your forehead like so, and yell at the top of your lungs, 'Take this! The powers of justice! Justice armor, justice headband', attack!!" he older man called out with all seriousness while continuing to hold his invisible headband to his own forehead. 

With Ichigo being so desperate and frantic, he didn't realize the older man was joking with him until the boy was already holding the band to his head, just before he called out the 'justice' bit, the orange haired boy through the headgear to the ground embarrassed.