Calliope wasn't by any means an animal-behaviouralist or a palaeontologist, but she had snapped up some knowledge during her former jobs as a wildlife photographer.

"Ready?" Claire asked excitedly as the doors had opened for them. Calliope nodded before Claire began driving. "–The first time is always the best." She chuckled watching as the newbie stuck her head out of the window like a dog to watch the humongous apatosauruses walk past their car.

Getting back in the car with a new light of excitement in her eyes, Calliope chuckled a bit overwhelmed. "You know, as a wildlife photographer, I've seen my fair share of animals, but this, this defiantly tops all of them. Holy shit. Like that's a real triceratop! And that thing with the long neck! It's huge!"

Calliope had always been adventurous, which was also why she of course couldn't turn down the opportunity to be a dinosaur-wildlife photographer. But it hadn't really hit her until now just how crazy this whole ordeal was.
Creatures as big as planes, creatures who went extinct 65 millions years ago and was brought back to life. It was simply unfathomable and quite hard for her to wrap her head around as they drove through the huge habitat with all the different kinds of dinos, most of which she didn't even know the names of.

It was almost a bit embarrassing she thought.

"Alright, we're here, welcome to your bungalow!" Claire said after a few minutes as she stopped the car in front of a huge wooden hut, it's porch facing the beautiful valley and the other side facing the crystal blue ocean.

"This is a beach mansion." Calliope's dumbstruck face made Claire chuckle. "Just a hut." She shrugged before getting out of the jeep and pulling out the keys. "–Wait till you see the inside."

Calliope gasped as she walked through the door and into the main room. It wasn't as big as it had initially looked from the outside, but it was still huge in comparison to Calliope's old shoebox apartment.
Instantly she went to open the sliding wooden screen doors that led to the back of the house, instantly being met by the intoxicating salty smell of the ocean. "I have a beach in my backyard, are you serious?"

"Completely, just be careful and don't go to far out if you do decide to go take a swim. The currents can be really unpredictable." Claire warned seriously. "Would be ironic if I died in a drowning accident when I literally live in a park full of dinosaurs now." Calliope chuckled at the thought, but Claire seemed unamused.

"Jurassic World is very strict when it comes to security. We pride ourself on it actually. We haven't had a single serious accident involving dinosaurs since opening our doors to the public in 2005." The only thing Calliope found herself thinking, was what Claire Dearing deemed bad enough to be a 'serious' accident. But she quickly decided not to ask.

"Anyway.." Claire sighed. The more time Calliope spent with her, the more she began doubting her else rather good first impression of Claire. "–Here's your 'schedule'. It's mostly just feeding times for the assets, shows and other events that could be a possible good photo op. Mr Masrani said he'd made it very clear what he's expecting from you?"

Calliope nodded as she began packing out all of her camera things. "Yea, my main focus will be to document the progress of the Velociraptors and the different packs of dinosaurs in the plains. Other than that he expects me to take pictures and small films for the park's website as well as for some future ads and Dino-merch."

"Well I look forward to see the final results. I've heard you're one of the best in the field right now." Claire noted somewhat impressed. "–And the youngest to have won a Pulitzer. It's quite the achievement." Calliope couldn't help but blush. She rarely talked about her success. She simply didn't find the attention or bragging necessary.