1.6

Hajime patted Nanao's head to calm the woman down.

"Hajime."

Hajime paused in his pats and glanced at his friend.

"Will you join me?"

Hajime huffed and quirked his brow. 'Your Squad barracks, your problem.'

"Awww," Shunsui played, "you don't have to be so mean." He said before a loud explosion is heard in the distance.

A large man was seen spiraling in the sky.

"Not one of your best decisions." Hajime watched the outcome of Squad 8's Third Seat.

"Well I guess it's time." Shunsui said before pulling a large, woven basket out from behind a screen. Inside the basket were red flower petals.

Hajime and Nanao both sweatdropped. "You can't be serious." Ise sighed.

"He's serious." Hajime responded.

"What," Shunsui huffed, "don't give me that look." He said before pushing the basket into Ise's arms, "Here, start throwing petals when the Ryoka arrives." Shunsui stepped out onto the balcony of the building we were in to watch the Ryoka slowly approach. "Whoa, that was pretty good," he commented as the Ryoka stepped into the large open area.

Hajime could sense the Ryoka only a few feet away from them. Shunsui makes his dramatic entrance as he jumps down from the balcony and lands in front of the Ryoka, effectively blocking his from going any farther. Hajime stepped out onto the balcony with Ise to watch over the fight as Shunsui introduced himself.

"My name is Kyoraku Shunsui. Squad 8 Captain. It's a pleasure to meet you."

The rose petals continue to fall as the two stand in silence.

"So I take it you're that last guy's captain." The Ryoka asked, breaking the stand-off.

"Mhh hm, for what it's worth." Shunsui chuckled before realizing something.

Hajime observed the Ryoka with interest as Shunsui tried to get Nanao's attention. He didn't get to really see the Ryoka up close when he watched their fight with Jidanbo. He was a large man with obvious Hispanic decent. "¿Tú hablas español?" Hajime tried, his Spanish a little rusty without use for over 100 years.

"¿Usted hablas?" The Ryoka replied with surprise. He never thought a Captain could speak his native tongue.

"Un poco." Hajime said then paused, "¿Qué nombre?"

"Chad."

Hajime accepted the answer then, looking over at his best friend, found him drowning in flower petals with the basket replacing his usual hat. Hajime glanced at Nanao, his eyebrow quirked upwards.

Chad sweat dropped as he saw the interactions between the two, "Sorry, but, I don't have time to stay and watch your routine." He said, switching back to Japanese. "Please, just step aside."

"Oh, come on," Shunsui took the basket off his head. "Can't you loosen up a little and try to have some fun?" He asked, putting his hat back on. "Life's too short to take it so seriously."

Hajime snorted, knowing that Shunsui has lived much longer.

"I've asked you nicely," Chad said. "I'm in kind of a hurry. You seem like a decent enough guy. So if there's any way to avoid it, I'd rather not fight you."

Hajime noticed how confident Chad is in his powers. Noticing the bulk and strength of the man, he assumed not many Shinigami have won against him.