Chapter 22

I laid mindlessly floating through the water, the sunlight beaming onto my bare skin.

I allowed the warm water to wash away the stress of these past few months; the ache that Zayn and Gus had left in my heart.

The fears that had been racing through my mind.

This pool was beautiful, and big enough to just disappear in.

I could hear the girls on the other side, chatting about their day, but I wasn't with them. I was somewhere else.

*flashback*

" Alright, I'll get straight to the point. This is Harry", my mother beamed in front of me and the twins, "we've decided to get married".

"So your introducing him after you've already gotten engaged?" I asked baffled.

The handsome man beside her chuckles.

"It was all very fast", she replies, "we just clicked".

"Are you sure about that? He seems more like he could be Lanas boyfriend than your husband", Alexia looks him over.

I notice how different my average middle aged  'soccer mom'  looks next to the gorgeous tall figure who could only be at the very least 10 years younger. Is this some type of scam.

"Is he using you for your money?" My brother says what's on our minds.

"I guarantee you that's not the case", Harry gives him a sly smirk, "I'm doing fine on my own".

"You guys", my mothers eyes well up, "are so rude", she rushes off towards her bedroom.

"See what you did", I glare at the twins, "you basically called her ugly".

"That's not what I meant", Alex huffs, "I'll go talk to her".

The two of them get up simultaneously and follow her out, sometimes their twin connection really creeped me out.

I realized I was left with just him in the room, and he wasn't very shy about staring.

He walks over and sits beside me, "hey", he smiles, "I'm Harry".

"I know", suddenly my body feels hot, having him that close.

"And you are?"

"My mom didn't tell you my name?"

"She did. I just want to hear it from you".

"It's-"

"LANA".

The sound of Sophia's voice causes me to loose concentration and sink down into the water.

I swim back up coughing out the little bit of water that got into my mouth, "what is it?"

"Harry wants to see you".

As I climb the ladder out his voice echoes in my head,

"Lana, what a beautiful name for a beautiful girl".

_____________

"Whats wrong with you?"

"Nothings wrong with me", I stare at him from across his desk, it almost felt like we were back at school.

"You never talk to the girls,  I suggested you go to the pool so you guys could have fun not for you to float around like a dead body".

"Honestly I just don't really like them".