Chapter Thirty Three- New Powers

It was already real. I just...walked through it

Cass's hands stung and deep purple bruising had started to spring up along her wrists but she wouldn't stop hammering at the door

Cass's hands stung and deep purple bruising had started to spring up along her wrists but she wouldn't stop hammering at the door. She wouldn't stop trying to make them hear her. Her cheeks were wet and her eyes welled up with frustrated tears that blurred her vision, so much so that she almost didn't notice the vision take hold of her.

Cass was past caring about her visions. They'd only ever ruined things between her and her siblings. They'd ruined her life, kept her captive in her family home against her will. And the worst part was that no one ever believed her. No matter how many times she'd warned them about the apocalypse. She'd tried telling them when they were kids, she'd tried telling dad, she'd tried telling them as adults. But they only cared about the apocalypse when Five turned up.

She dropped to the ground, her weary legs no longer able to keep her up, and she watched the vision play out in an exhausted detachment. She just watched and waited for her vision to surround her. But nothing seemed to happen.

She knew she was having a vision although everything looked the same. She couldn't explain it, she just had a gut feeling that this wasn't reality. Everything was the same though, she was in the same room, still locked up. Still at home.

Then everything started to shake. The walls around her shook violently. Dust spilled down from the ceiling, dusting her like she was a relic. Like she was another one of dad's antiques, just something else for his collection. Then, all of a sudden, things started to look more like one of her visions. The reality of it all started to fade as what she was seeing started to speed up. Like she'd hit fast forward. The house shook. There were crashes from the rooms above her and the house began to cave in on itself. Cass gasped. The ceiling caved in and her room was buried under the rubble of her family home. If this wasn't a vision, she'd have been crushed to death.

Then it hit her. This was a vision. This was what was going to happen. She was going to be crushed to death...

"No, no, no..." She mumbled and grabbed fistfuls of her hair as she passed amongst the rubble, desperately trying to come up with a plan. "I've got to get out. I've got to get out." She repeated over and over, willing a plan to get out to just appear in her mind.

All the while, her vision kept playing out. The house was no more but Cass found she could move about the vision as if it were real. She climbed up the rubble. She had to get out so she was going to get out. She moved through the house like a ghost, passing through walls as if they were open doors until she was outside. The house, no longer standing, lay in the street, reduced to a pile of abandoned rubble. It all seemed so real. Too real. Most of her visions were shrouded, like they'd been draped in a white veil. They were cloudy and barely decipherable. But this one was clear as day. The lights from the lampposts shone brilliantly, illuminating every aspect of her vision. For once, she could see clearly. It was so clear. Undeniably clear. Like this was certain. This was the future.