Chapter Twenty Four- Extra Time

This time we have a second chance

"Hold the phone, hold the phone. We all died fighting this thing the first time around, remember?" Klaus rambled. Cassandra rubbed her temples to try and relieve her headache. Her head felt fuzzy, like it was stuffed with cotton wool. Something felt wrong.
"Klaus, shockingly, has a point." Diego interjected, waving his arms around, "What gives us a win this time?"

"Five. Last time we didn't have Five." Luther explained as if it was obvious.

Suddenly the very air Cassandra was breathing tasted metallic. There was a tension in the air. Cassandra lifted her head and looked around in the thick warmth of the air, she could see Klaus doing the same.

As the metallic taste got stronger, the hairs on the back of Cassandra's arms started to stand up. Something sparked in the air. It was crackling and forming over the bar. Klaus rose to his feet and sauntered over.

Cassandra flinched as she watched him approach the converging ball of electricity. She was ready to grab him back to safety in a heartbeat. A loud crack and flash of sparks announced her brother's arrival as Five fell from the crackling of electricity and fell flat on his face on the bar. Klaus jumped backwards and Cassandra jumped to her feet.

"Jesus!" Allison exclaimed and jumped away from the bar.

"You guys, am I still high, or do you see him too?" Klaus asked timidly, hunching over and wrapping his arms around himself.

"Five, where have you been?" Luther demanded as Five nonchalantly rolled off the bar

"Are you alright?" Allison asked Five as he began dusting himself off. Why were his clothes all scorched?

"Who did this?" Cassandra asked, pushing past Allison and Luther who had circled Five. She gently touched his arm and, for a moment, he didn't brush her away. He looked up at her, his eyes momentarily wide and vulnerable but it disappeared as quickly as Five changed his mind and brushed Cassandra's hand away.

"Irrelevant," Five snapped, walking past all his siblings, taking Allison's coffee cup as he went and downed it in one, "The apocalypse is in three days, the only chance we have to save the world is, well, us."

"The Umbrella Academy." Luther enforced and, although he undoubtedly found it cheesy, Five nodded.

"Yeah but with me, obviously," Five snapped, "Oh, and Cass. So if you don't all get over your sideshow acts and get over yourselves then, well, we're screwed." Five-

"Who cares if Dad messed us up," Five continued. Klaus shyly raised his hand but no one noticed. "Are we going to let that define us? No. And to give us a fighting chance to see next week, I've come back with a lead. I know who's responsible for the apocalypse." Five, said, taking out a scrap of paper. Allison stretched her arm out and Five handed it to her. She unfolded it cautiously.