Mila sighed as she struggled to pick up the science books that had been flown to the floor. "Aren't you gonna apologise mate?" A boy around Peter's age snarled, "You bumped me." Peter groaned in response. "Peter?" Mila said from behind him. "Come on." One of the three boys standing before Peter grinned. "Science, ay darling?" He said pointing to her books. Mila nodded, "I think you and I could have better chemistry than you and this one, aye." He said, which caused his two friends to laugh. Mila rolled her eyes, then glanced to the floor, she had learned that boys here, weren't as polite as they were in Narnia. "What do you say, darling? You? Me? Supper? Maybe more?" Mila's eyes didn't move from her shiny black shoes as she moved nervously, Peter's face seemed to grow redder by the second. "Ay look boys, Pevensie here looks like he's going to explode." The boy got into Peter's face, "I'm still waiting for that apology mate." Mila watched as Peter swung his fist, causing a fight between himself and the three boys to break out. "Peter! No stop!" Mila shouted, her books and bag being dropped to the floor as she rushed over to try and pull the boy from her husband. She knew the boys would have to treat them differently if they knew they were Kings and Queens but that didn't mean anything in this boring, old town.

Mila felt one of the boys grab her arms as if to protect her from the fight, but she knew he was keeping her restrained so she and Peter couldn't get up and leave. They wanted to fight, the boys enjoyed taunting the couple. "Leave him alone!" Mila shouted to the two boys as she watched Peter get flung near the tracks a couple of times. Crowds of boys and girls and much older faces Mila recognised from town had begun to crowd around the station, chanting the word "fight" as they watched eagerly. "Peter!" Mila shouted, they locked eyes for mere moments before he swung his arm to hit the boys a few times, only for him to be flown back to the crowd.

Mila turned to the crowd, she caught Susan and Lucy observing from the back. The two seemed frightened, and Susan seemed frustrated. After all, Peter's fighting had become a frequent thing. Soon Edmund joined his sisters, he too watched. Mila managed to shake herself out of the boy's grip. She approached the boy who held Peter by the collar as he repeatedly punched his face, causing his nose to bleed. The girl gave a sigh before pulling her own fist back and clocking the older boy on the jaw. He seemed pretty confused as he stumbled away from the boy. Mila chuckled to herself as she watched the boy wipe the blood from his cheek, her nail had clearly caught his flesh. He groaned, "Get out of the way girl! Wouldn't want to damage that pretty face of yours!" He snarled before pushing her to the ground and returning back to beat up Peter.

Edmund watched as his best friend fell to the floor. He was hesitant to get into the fight previously but now... "Edmund!" Lucy shouted as her older brother shoved his way through the crowd. Mila looked the boy in the eyes as he helped her up. "Go with Susan and Lucy." He pleaded. "Please." Mila sighed before watching the boy throw his own fists toward the three who attacked Peter. Mila knew it was hopeless to make her way to Susan and Lucy due to the pack of kids who crowded the stairwell. So instead she watched from the front of the crowd. Peter seemed to be struggling, but Edmund helped with ease. "Leave him alone!" Mila shouted once more, her voice lost in the shouts and chants as the group of boys fought. A whistling sound broke out as soldiers entered the tube station. Mila remained as the crowd of kids darted off, she watched as the older men grasped the boys by the collar and flung them away from each other. "Act your age!" The man sternly told them. Mila watched as the soldier picked up her books and bag from the floor. Her name written in black biro, made it clear they belonged to her, especially since she was the only girl remaining. "There you go, dear." He told her, his stern voice softening. Mila nodded and smiled as she politely took her things before rushing off to join Edmund and Peter.

The group sat on one of the benches in the cold underground station as they waited for the usual train. "You're welcome!" Edmund sarkily said as he sat beside Mila. "I had it sorted." The eldest groaned as Mila wiped the blood from his face with her handkerchief. "What was it this time?" Susan groaned, taking the role of the oldest since Peter clearly didn't act like it. Mila watched as her love stood up before his siblings. He shook his head. "He bumped me." He simply said. "So you hit him?" Lucy groaned. Peter shook his head. "After he bumped me, he tried to make me apologise. Then he flirted with my Mila. Then I hit him." Susan glanced at the girl. "Is it really that hard just to walk away?" Mila agreed, that's what she wanted to do in the first place. "I shouldn't have to!" Peter raised his voice slightly. "I mean, don't you ever get sick of being treated like kids?" Edmund sighed, "I mean we are kids." Mila glanced at Edmund as she tried to hide her chuckle. Peter gave him a look, "Well I wasn't always!" The eldest joined them again, "It's been a year! How long does he expect us to wait!" Mila rested her head on his shoulder, hiding her expression as she thought of home. "I think it's time to accept that we live here!" Susan said Mila gave a loud sigh, but due to the chatter around her, no one heard it.

"Pretend you're talking to me." Susan suddenly said. "We are talking to you," Edmund stated. Mila lifted her head, "How was your day Su?" Mila obliged the girl's wishes. "Ow!" Lucy suddenly shrieked as she jumped up. "Quiet Lu!" Susan hushed. "Something pinched me!" She told the four. Mila groaned as she shuffled closer to Edmund. "Ow Peter!" She told him. He gave her a look, confused as he hadn't even touched her. "Hey stop pulling!" Peter suddenly said as he stood up, giving Mila and Edmund a glance. "I'm not touching you!" Mila stood up also, she tucked her hair behind her ear as the wind picked up due to a train speeding past. "Now will you all just - what is that?" Susan asked as she and Edmund also jumped up. "Feels like magic!" Lucy grinned. Mila stood confused as she watched the train speed faster, now she didn't really understand how the metal things worked but she knew they shouldn't be going that fast, especially through a station. "I'm not holding your hand!" Edmund shouted at Peter. "Mila!" Peter shouted towards the girl who stood dazed as she watched the train. The two boys tugged her by the arm and the group of five stood hand in hand as the atmosphere around them grew hectic. "What's happening?" Mila shouted over the chaos as metal signs and bricks tore away. She noticed the people around them had disappeared. "Why isn't the train stopping!" She shouted as she watched a beautiful ocean view flicker on the other side of the train. Soon the train disappeared and the five where stood hand in hand in a dark cave. A dark cave that displayed a stunning view of a glistening sea and soft sands. Mila's confused face turned into a small smile, she recognised that view, but she wasn't entirely sure if her mind was playing tricks on her. Was she home? Or was she being fooled by her imagination?

edited - 20/04/2023