CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

Comment throughout the chapter!

Chapter 36

"Yeah?" I say, walking up to Jack.

"Umm....over here." He says, grabbing my hand and leading me away from Shawn and Jacob.

"What?" I ask, anxious to know what he is going to say.

"Well..okay the other day, Jacob released me..." He says, sighing and sitting down. "He was at home on the phone. I don't know who he was talking to, but he called her babe."

"Oh. Umm...when was this?" I ask.

"Yesterday." He says.

"What time?" I ask.

"I don't know....around 4 maybe." He says.

"That was me Jack." I giggle, but stop realising how stupid I sound.

"But he said it was "H..." he says.

"He was pribably saying her...as in me." I say.

"Oh. I feel like an idiot. Oh my gosh." He bursts out laughing " I'm such ans idiot!" He tells in laughter.

I kind of laugh too, but it's awkward. I think this is his crazy talking. He is laughing super hard though. I mean, it was kind of funny, but he is practically yelling now. Yelling in laughter and yelling that he is stupid.

"Jack...calm down." I say.

"IM SO STUPID!!!!!!" He yells.

"Jack please." I say.

"Okay. Okay...sorry." He mutters "It is my medicine. It makes me act up sometimes. It is supposed to make me happy!" He rolls his eyes.

"Yeah. Let's go back to then." I say, "But I'm not talking to Jacob."

"Okay." He says, putting his arm around my shoulder and guiding me back.

I glance at him as we walk. I can still see a spark of something in his eyes. The spark that I see....isn't a good spark. It is like a storm cloud in his eye full of pain and hurt. I wince a little just thinking of it.

"Katie? Are you okay?" He asks.

"WHAT?" I ask, draining my thoughts. "Yeah. I'm fine. I'm fine." I say, realising I stopped walking.

"Okay..." He says

Katie! That is exactly why he was afraid of hanging out with you! You can't to this!

Well SOOOOORRRRY!

Yeah. Shut up. Stop talking to me...you...whatever this is.

FINE!

"Jack. I've been trying to call you." I say, stopping.

"Yeah." He says, still walking.

"Well can we talk about it later then?" I ask.

"Sure Katie." He says

I look down, when Jack stops in front of Jacob. I don't know if I want to talk to him. If he doesn't trust me, then I don't even....I don't know. I don't appreciate that he doesn't trust me. I trust him. I trust that he goes to football practice everyday and Leslie comes too.

Jack reaches in his back pocket, but I just assume that it is probably food. Jack is always eating. He is lucky that he has football to keep him in shape. If he didn't, I think he'd be about 2,900 lb.

The thing is, Jack isn't pulling out food. He pulled out his car keys. He says that he will be right back, but I keep starting at the ground. Jacob is starting staring at me with a grin, but I refuse to look at him.