CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

Chapter 33

"When will Jack be back?" I ask.

"I hope soon." Lexi's says.

"Tomorrow." Jake says.

"I can't wait." I smile.

"I need him." Lexi says.

"Okay.I need you to just ask him out." Jacob says.

"No! The boy has to ask the girl. Besides, he isn't ready to date yet. I respect that. He doesn't like me anyway." She says.

"You don't know that. Actually he...." Jacob stops. "Just ask him...that's all.".

"maybe." She shrugs.

"CAN WE GET HIM?" I ask, the thought coming.

"I mean...no." Jake says. "He asked me specifically to come.".

"He'll allow me though right?" I say.

"No. He is embarrassed. You were the only one who saw it." He says.

"That doesn't make me think any different of him. He will always be the Jack I love and know. He was going through a hard time. I understand that." I say.

"Jeez, Katie. Just give him some Time. You're always so worried about yourself. He doesn't want to see you. Gosh, leave him alone." Jake almost yells.

"Maybe I just want to see my friend." I defend.

"Maybe he doesn't want to see you." Jacob says, a little quieter.

"You know what! He does want to see me." I say in frustration.

"How the hell would you know?! You haven't talked to him." He says.

"I know because he is my friend." I say, weakly.

"That doesn't f***ing  mean he wants to see you." he says.

"You're being an a-hole." I sigh. "and I'm going home."

"You're being dramatic." he says, throwing my hands down.

"I hate you." she says.

"Shut up." I  say back.

"YOU SHUT UP!" I yells.

"Dude! You're freaking stupid. I said SHUT up. NOW DO IT!" He yells.

I stare at him for a second....stupid? He did NOT just call me stupid.

"Hey! Wait!" Lexi yells, breathlessly.

I turn to see her running toward me, but I just turn and face the car. GREAT! I just remembered that they are the ones who drove me. What will I do now? She is gaining up on me. Shoot. What should I do?

"Hey! I said wait!" Lexi says, running up.

"Yeah and I said that I wanted a phone for my 6th Christmas...I didn't get that!" I snap.

"Don't complain to me. I didn't fucking do anything!" She yells.

"You just stood there and let him say that stuff. He was rude." I say.

"Well honestly Katie, you were too. Jack has been Jake's best friend from since I can remember. Jacob does love you, He does....a lot.....but that doesn't mean he can't protect his friends too! He protects you above all. The whole thing with my dad showed you that. He LOVES you. He was nothing without you, but he has had Jack in his life forever, and he is helping him too. GIVE JACK TIME! Obviously this isn't something Jake would lie to you about. He just wants to help Jack." She says in anger.