Because I definitely didn't get the memo besides him being an asshole, but eventually and evidently it had no effect on me.

But what if this would?

"You know what, it's nothing. Let's just have a fun time okay. No stresses." He nods and smiles softly, attempting to steer me away from the topic.

Yeah okay, good luck Charlie.

"Seriously Luke? Just be straight up with me alright, tell me what I should know." I more or less demand in a serious tone.

Now all I could focus on was what the hell he was going to tell me.

Did I really want the answer?

I had chills all over my body, my mind spinning and spinning trying to think of what he could possibly be about to say to me.

If he says anything at all.

"It's just... the thing is I know him good okay, I'm his brother, I've lived with him, I live with him now just one to one. I know the guy pretty fuckin well." He makes clear.

"So it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for me to know where his head is at, even with, relationships." He specifies, almost as if he couldn't say the word. "And as far as I know, Vincent isn't looking for a girlfriend. He's looking for a good time, after everything he's been through he just wants to fly to the moon or something."

So what I'm hearing right now is, Vincent isn't looking for a serious relationship like I hoped, but he's looking for a fling more or less.

Well how about that huh?

Which basically meant the way I've been looking at him this whole time is so completely different from the way he's been looking at me.

If this is true.

Say it's not true. Say it's not true. Say it's not true.

"Tell me why I should believe all that Luke, you just show up and too soon to speak you're throwing shade on Vincent. Is that what you came to do?" My tone comes out angrily as I talk to him. I hoped to fucking god he was lying.

But part of me could see it easily being the truth.

"You don't have to believe me, and I'm not going to force you. But I consider myself a good guy, and like I said, I saw the way you've looked at him. I'd hate to see you waste your time because clearly you—" He takes a pause and a quick breath before continuing. "Clearly you love pretty hard, and that shouldn't go to waste."

I replay his words in my head as I stare blankly and hollowly out of the front windshield of the Porsche. I could feel my eyes twitching from the formation of my tears, the tears that were ready to fall down to their perish.

This whole time I convinced myself it was something else, and that he may actually feel the same way about me. Especially with how much he's changed these past few days.

So I gave chance, after chance, after chance when he was an asshole, blamed it on suppressing his feelings or a past issue. I did everything I could so I was able to see him in the light and get the best of him, I felt that he could really love me and I protected any good thoughts I had about him. I held on to them so tightly whenever anything would go sideways.